Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Iphone calendar alternatives

I find the iphone calendar really awful to use!! They updated it in one of their OS updates maybe a year ago and I've hated it ever since. The ipad one is good enough, but the phone version stinks! <rant over>

Does anyone know of a better calendar to use on the iphone (that will link up with ipad, etc) or am I stuck with it as is?

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't know about ipad.

I paid for and use Calengoo (Which syncs up with google calendar)
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

boogiemom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We use Cozi and love that we can all add in our stuff and it syncs so the whole family can see it. We all have different colored dots. :-) Awesome!
    Tani

DS1 - 8/01
    DS2 - 4/05

Cam&Clay is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DH and I paid for Calengoo and we love it. It is seamless with Google Calendar.
    DS1 age 21 years
    DS2 age 11 years

I think I'm going to try out awesome calendar lite because it's free. So far I like it a lot, all 5 minutes I've used it. I'll buy the full version if I like it enough. If not, I'll look at the other suggestions. Thanks ladies.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Another calengoo user here. It's the one I always go back to.

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Calengoo here as well. We really like it.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

is there anything that might sync with Outlook? DH is addicted to Outlook calendars. When DH's email was attached to my ipad I liked that I could update the calendar, but then he took the email off and won't put it back on (because he never uses the ipad to check his email) so I can't add things to his calendar. I tried google calendar pre iphone a few years ago and found it a pain and DH never checked it anyways so I would need something that is on his phone or would connect with his work Outlook.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Can't you just invite him to stuff? He'll accept it, then it's on both his and your calendars. I also like that my husband gets a heads up this way vs a passive thing added that he may or may not notice ahead of time.

BayGirl2 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Can't you just invite him to stuff? He'll accept it, then it's on both his and your calendars. I also like that my husband gets a heads up this way vs a passive thing added that he may or may not notice ahead of time.
    That's what we do. DH and I both use Outlook at work so we just send each other invites. (I mark mine Private since I have others view my calendar at work). Both of us can view or calendars from all our devices.

Personally I will always have a calendar that's based on a PC/Mac or server so its backed up. A calendar on my phone alone would not be enough and is way to risky. But I have a ton of stuff on my calendar that I can't live without.
    Amy

DS - June 2009
    DD - September 2011

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast