View Poll Results: Would You Rather ... #1

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never go on the Internet again ...

43 57.33%
  • ... or eat only kale for the rest of your life

32 42.67%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Just wait till I post the others. OMG. I'm gonna do one every day.
    If Weird Al can do it, so can you.

Kale for me!
    DS age 9

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Momit View Post
    If Weird Al can do it, so can you.

Kale for me!
    I like how you think. I'll see if there's one of these related to word crimes, tinfoil hats, and synergy.
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Wow, I'm so surprised at the results! My life would be so much harder without the internet. No more paying bills online, or mobile banking. I'd never see pictures of my nieces and nephews or my friends' kids. No emails to the kids' teachers, or checking the school website. How would I research things? OMG, I'd have to subscribe to a newspaper!!

And my boot collection would suffer without zappos...
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    Wow, I'm so surprised at the results! My life would be so much harder without the internet. No more paying bills online, or mobile banking. I'd never see pictures of my nieces and nephews or my friends' kids. No emails to the kids' teachers, or checking the school website. How would I research things? OMG, I'd have to subscribe to a newspaper!!

You know, I think the internet would be the hardest immediately, but I would adjust. There is still TV, snail mail, news, drop off at school, etc. It would be harder, but doable. (It would be impossible for a lot of professions, however, my former one included.) We’ve all been on weird diets at some point in our lives so a week of kale wouldn’t bother most people, but week after week with no protein, no variety, no participation with all the happy occasions that center around food, etc., would seem so depressing for my energy and emotions. I think I would be miserable to be around with no protein.

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    You know, I think the internet would be the hardest immediately, but I would adjust. There is still TV, snail mail, news, drop off at school, etc. It would be harder, but doable. (It would be impossible for a lot of professions, however, my former one included.) We’ve all been on weird diets at some point in our lives so a week of kale wouldn’t bother most people, but week after week with no protein, no variety, no participation with all the happy occasions that center around food, etc., would seem so depressing for my energy and emotions. I think I would be miserable to be around with no protein.
    Yes, in my profession I'd be fired the first day I told them I wasn't doing the internet any longer.

I assume I'd be given some sort of super-pill or something to make up for nutrients my body needs that aren't in kale. I'm not signing up for a suicide mission!
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Only Kale? Might have to give up the internet.

Maybe because some of us are so old we can easily remember living life fully without the internet! Would it be harder? Yes. But it can be done!
    DD1 - 1996
    DD2 - 1999
    DD3 - 2005

Surfaces are for working, not for storing. - Peter Walsh

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by pinkmomagain View Post
    Maybe because some of us are so old we can easily remember living life fully without the internet! Would it be harder? Yes. But it can be done!
    I'm not even that old (IMO ) and I can fairly easily imagine life without Internet. Forget Kale, I'd say goodbye BBB.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Yep, I grew up without the Internet, too. Pictures came in a letter, printed out from a photo booth! You never emailed the teacher, if something was up the teacher called you. Far fewer helicopter parents. You listened to the radio to find out about snow days.

I would barely last three days with only kale.

Yes, in my profession I'd be fired the first day I told them I wasn't doing the internet any longer.
    Same here. I can't do my job w/o the internet. I guess I'm stuck with kale, though as pp mentioned, eating only that might do me in pretty quickly!
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast