Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default need a convertible seat very soon

Had a 9 month check up today and DS height is 29.5" and 19 lbs 3 oz. The peds told, me I needto get a convertible car seat soon as our current graco snugride 30 has a height limit of 30". We had safety first alpha omega elite that we impulsively bought at Costco for DD (3.5 years now) and I hate that thing.

I have no clue which car seat to get this time around. Looking for something that can last until booster seat if possible and seat cover can be easily taken off for a wash is a, must. The alpha omega elite was a nightmare.

Thank you.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You might have a little longer than you think, especially if he has a long torso or legs. It has to do with the distance of the top of his head to the top of the shell. Hopefully someone will chime in who has more info.

Chicco has a new convertible seat with a zip-off cover. I have no experience with it though.
    http://www.chiccousa.com/nextfit/
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TwoBees View Post
    You might have a little longer than you think, especially if he has a long torso or legs. It has to do with the distance of the top of his head to the top of the shell. Hopefully someone will chime in who has more info.

Chicco has a new convertible seat with a zip-off cover. I have no experience with it though.
    http://www.chiccousa.com/nextfit/
    Thanks, I'll measure that. The chicco nextfit seems to be a nice convertible car seat and has 40 lbs rear-facing limit. Anyone who has experience with this care to share their thoughts will be great
    Last edited by babyfiorina1; 07-25-2014 at 04:14 PM.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by babyfiorina1 View Post
    Thanks, I'll measure that. The chicco nextfit seems to be a nice convertible car seat and has 40 lbs rear-facing limit. Anyone who has experience with this care to share their thoughts will be great
    I have been using my mother's Nextfit for the last month. It's a great seat and the new ones do have a zip off cover. Very comfortable, super easy to install, and long lasting RF and FF.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have been very happy with the Britax BLVD 70, and the Britax Roundabout 55. DD2 made it to almost 4 in the RA55, and is still in the BLVD70. Both seats have been easy to install and DD2 hasn't complained about either seat. If it had been out in 2011 I probably would have looked at the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

DS still has about 1.5 inch from the top of his head to the top of the shell. So, I guess we're still okay so far, but won't hurt start looking for convertible car seat, he'll need one soon or later.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    We have been very happy with the Britax BLVD 70, and the Britax Roundabout 55. DD2 made it to almost 4 in the RA55, and is still in the BLVD70. Both seats have been easy to install and DD2 hasn't complained about either seat. If it had been out in 2011 I probably would have looked at the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio convertible as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I"ll check out both britax. ohhhh...the Peg Perego Primo Viaggio is really nice...a bit pricey though...

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We have a Britax RA 50 (I know there are newer models out now), but our DD is currently using them and our DS used them for at least 2.5 years.

They are hands down my favorite seat out of all that we own.

My parents both comment on how nice the seats are and how easy they are to install and adjust.

Good luck hunting
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

He's very tall so I wouldn't get a britax - even if you're not a rf-to-4 type person, my tall 4 yo has outgrown the marathon heightwise ffing (even with the longer straps I got from Britax - outgrew around 2.5 rf'ing), while he still has lots of room in our radians and a bit of room in the peg perego. Another huge fan of the peg - it's just such an easy, classy seat to use but I'd definitely look at the dionos, the nextfit, the new graco4ever, and the graco mysize/headwise/size4me/fit4me too.

ETA: sounds like you'll be hitting the standing limit of 30" and the 1" from the top rule about the same time so I'd find a convertible ASAP.

@legaleagle : thank you, I'm.glad you mentioned about the height and I did read reviews about britax' short shell. I really like the newfit and and the peg convertible. Are you using the viaggio ?

I'm trying to decide between next fit zip and the peg . Over read reviews about the trouble getting the kids in and out from the next fit because the sides are high and its a deep seat, which I think why it ads more protection. I'll check out diono too

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast