Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    I would like to start wearing make up on a more regular basis (more than my daily mascara and lip stick / lip balm). When I do the whole routine, I use a Bobbi Brown cream foundation that I constantly get compliments on how it makes my skin look. My skin isn't super even in tone/color and foundation helps a lot. But it feels HEAVY and it is humid here in the summer. I thought about checking out BM but haven't tried it before, so I thought I would ask the wise ladies on this board their recommendations to cast a wider net So, what is your lightweight go to for foundation or "base layer"? Should I go with a tinted moisturizer instead of a foundation? Another challenge is despite wearing sunscreen, I am outside a lot in the summer and will get tan so I don't want to invest in an $$ makeup product knowing it won't be a year round color for me, kwim?
    I just discovered Revlon Colorstay Makeup and I absolutely LOVE IT!
    I cannot stand the feeling of heavy makeup on my face.
    Previously I only wore only department store makeup brands (mostly MAC) and would not even consider drugstore makeup.
    Once I became a SAHM I stopped wearing most makeup....
    But just this summer I decided I needed to make myself more presentable on a daily basis.
    I was really not into spending the big bucks on makeup to wear just to run errands or take my kids to their activities
    I have been doing tons of online research, and reading reviews to find the best affordable/drugstore makeup products.
    One of my best find so far is this foundation.
    My face looks so much better and I do not feel like I am wearing it.
    Definitely worth a try for the price!

Quote Originally Posted by stinkyfeet View Post
    Like I mentioned in a previous thread, I use the new reformulated Bobbi Brown stick foundation. It has a transparent base and is not as thick or heavy as the previous BB stick foundation that could be also be used as a concealer. I use a damp Beauty Blender to sheer out the foundation by "bouncing" it on my face. By using a Beauty Blender, I am able to get the coverage of a tinted moisturizer with a great color match. It really looks like skin and now like foundation!

Bobbi Brown Stick:
    http://www.sephora.com/foundation-st...?skuId=1587435
    I love love love the BB foundation stick. I also love the yellow face powder. I find I use very little and I am left with a very natural look that is lightweight and provides decent coverage.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

lyt202 is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaTC View Post
    I love love love the BB foundation stick. I also love the yellow face powder. I find I use very little and I am left with a very natural look that is lightweight and provides decent coverage.
    I like the Bobbi Brown stick foundation for a little more coverage but for everyday the Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation is very light. I alternate between that and the Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer.

Quote Originally Posted by calebsmama03 View Post
    Angie, which Loreal? IIRC they have a few. I wear and like the Physicians Formula Healthy Wear TM, esp the fact that it's spf50 but they did away with most of the colors and the lightest one is too orange for me when it isn't summer. Looking for a new lightweight option. Glad to know you like Tarte. THat was on my list to see about a sample at Sephora.

OP, I've read amazing things about the Benefit Hello Flawless foundation but it's a bit pricey (35 ish). If you're specifically wanting drugstore brand, check out a blog called Nouveau Cheap. She reviews tons of drugstore products and is VERY thorough with her photos. I read there then buy at ulta so I can return if needed (no CVS here).
    The Tarte is amazing. You're going to love it! If I layer over Korres primer and set with a light powder it lasts all day.

The Loreal does not have spf but layers well over my moisturizer. I use Cerave AM.
    Here is a link. I bought it in medium. http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...Impprod4480171
    DS 10, 5th grade
    DD 8, 3rd grade

Missha bb cream all the way!

I used to use bare minerals foundation. I have the same issue with feeling that traditional foundations are too cakey/heavy. A friend runs a makeup blog & cued me into bb creams before they hit the US market. People were buying them off of eBay or otherwise importing them themselves, and missha was one of the brands imported. It has high SPF, blends well, and I don't feel it, just like facial moisturizer. (ETA: I feel facial lotion on initial application and then the feeling fades. I feel traditional foundations on initial application and can still feel it all day long. I often forget that I'm wearing Missha bb cream. I tried Garnier bb cream once and hated it.) I do use a moisturizer before putting the bb cream on, even though they say it moisturizes.

Missha has a US website now. It's ~$17 a tube. I bought the travel sizes in different shades and 3 varieties to start, and they all worked fine and together cost the same as one Bobbi Brown thing of foundation (my last regular foundation). Granted, it was during a 40% off sale. But missha has since lowered their regular prices too. I think it used to be ~25 a tube.

I still use bare minerals powder to set.

ETA: Here's the link to the US store:
    It's $22 for a 50ml tube, $11 for the travel size 20ml tube of Perfect Cover. Signature and Cho Bo Yang cost more. During the sale, I think the travel tubes came out to ~$6-$8 each. I don't wear makeup often so these tubes were perfect.

I tried their Perfect Cover, Signature, and Cho Bo Yang varieties. I use the Perfect Cover one the most. I use different facial moisturizer depending on which bb cream I'm going to use and the time of year. I think their chart for picking a bb cream is accurate.

I was leery about buying a 'foundation' without matching my correct shade, which is why I bought several shades, but there is more 'give' with bb creams and you don't have to have the exact color of your face. It blends. I used youtube videos to see Missha's shades on different women - there are a lot of them.
    Last edited by gummibear; 07-29-2014 at 09:46 AM.
    DS - Dec 2008

Quote Originally Posted by jam224 View Post
    I'm really loving the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC Cream with SPF 50+. I tried it on the recommendation of MakeupByTiffanyD: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZQYPekP2G0. I have super sensitive skin (I've had a bad reaction to BM in the past) and have happily had no reaction to this CC cream. Definitely feels lightweight and I'm saying that as someone who has worn powder foundation for YEARS because I can't stand the "heavy" feeling of traditional liquid foundation. I like that there are no parabens and that it has a physical sunscreen in it. It's perfect for my mornings at the pool!
    Just got a tube of this and I'm sold! It is an amazing product. I'm in love.
    Last edited by MelissaTC; 07-30-2014 at 09:32 AM.
    -Melissa
    Mom to M (2002) & M (2014)

pastrygirl is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Someone just posted another thread -- Tarte 30% F&F started. You can get color-matched at Sephora or Ulta and then order from Tarte. Goes until 8/4!

I picked up the IT CC cream yesterday, but ordered the Tarte BB cream today because I used to love it. I'll compare the two and probably return one!

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Bumping with an update in OP

jam224 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by firstbaby View Post
    UPDATE: Thank you all so much for the suggestions! I tried a few things and fell in LOVE with jam224's suggestion of the It Cosmetics Your Skin But Better CC cream. It is exactly what I was looking for! I wanted to try it over a few longer days of having it on and I can't believe how much I like it. I WANT to put it on every day which is so not like my minimalist self but my skin looks great. The BBB comes through again!
    Yay, I'm so glad you like it!
    Jennifer
    SAHM to DD1 (11yo) and DD2 (5yo)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3