Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    janine is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Does your DH wear his ring all the time

And if not are you ok with that? Why or why not?

Neither one of us wears our rings all the time, so I guess I'm OK with it. I take mine off when I take off the rest of my jewelry. I don't wear mine if I'm not wearing other jewelry, so I don't wear it at the pool or when I work out. I don't sleep with it on. He takes his off for similar reasons.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

Mine does. It's important to me. If my DH didn't want to wear it all the time, I guess I'd want to know why. Honestly, I can't think of any reason beyond job safety that would require removing a ring, but as with any disagreement when something is important to DH but the opposite is important to me, I would talk it through being sure to express how his request touched on my deep emotions. For me, as irrational as it might seem, the ring is the tangible symbol of our marriage, so removing it feels to me like DH would be rejecting our union or not proud of it or me or something similarly silly but emotionally true nonetheless. Also, a man without a ring can be a magnet for single women, especially a man as fantastic as my DH! we'd have to have a conversation or several about it.

ETA: we both remove our rings periodically. I remove mine to wash dishes or do messy things like painting, and sometimes I remove them overnight or for a hike when my fingers might swell. I'd be fine with DH doing the same. I just wouldn't like him to make a conscious choice not to wear his ring to work, for example.
    Last edited by 123LuckyMom; 07-28-2014 at 10:07 AM.

My DH wears his all the time. I never wear mine. Ever. I am not even super sure where it is, even though it is lovely. I don't really like wearing jewelry.

ccather is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

DH rarely wears his. Mostly special occasions. I will wear mine a little more frequently, but not all the time. Wearing or not wearing our rings does not make us more or less married. It's just a symbol. We trust each other to respect our relationship. Besides, we're both practical people and a lot of the time our rings just get in the way. I work out (including lifting weights), run, cycle (wear gloves) and play soccer. I would always be taking my rings off an on. It's just easier to not wear them then to risk losing them. The same applies to DH.
    Chris.
    --
    DS 10/03
    DD 6/05
    DD 11/07

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

No, DH doesn't because it doesn't fit him quite right as he has large knuckles and skinny fingers. He wears it to church sometimes and to weddings, funerals or other social events, and he doesn't wear it to work at all. If it fit better maybe he'd wear it more, but he'd still have to take it off anytime he goes out in the field or the lab to do inspections. TBH if I had known he wasn't going to wear a wedding ring I would have put the $900 I spent on the platinum band into a nicer Tag Hueur or similar upscale watch; although the platinum band now is worth a little more than double what I paid for it. I don't have a problem with him not wearing it, although his hand does look nice with it on.

I wear my ring all of the time, but take it off when cooking, at night before bed, or I won't put it on if I go to the gym in the AM or in the PM sometimes if I have already taken it off. I like my rings so I like to wear them.

When I was pregnant with DD2 I wore my ring on a necklace, and now I wear a silver knot ring on my ring finger all of the time (well for the last month, it was my birthday present) and wear my regular wedding set for special occasions.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 07-28-2014 at 10:50 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

div_0305 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

DH wears his all the time. I hardly ever wear mine--only if I'm otherwise putting jewelry on for an occasion. For me, I know I'm married and I don't symbolize my ring for that so much.

cvanbrunt is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DH wears his all the time. I don't. I take it off at night, and any time my hands would get wet. The ring is wide with an intricate design so it feels like water is trapped when wet. When I worked in a lab I took it off because it is hard to double glove with a ring on. I often forget to put it back on and it will sit on the widow sill for days. He doesn't care.
    Carrie

DD#1 September 2005
    DD#2 October 2007

The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.
    -Neil deGrasse Tyson

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Dh takes his ring off when he goes climbing. As do I.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

No, he doesn't anymore - gained so much weight that it doesn't fit.

I had the same issue for awhile, and now I usually rotate between wearing my wedding rings with three of the other rings that my DH has given me over the years.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast