newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Share you favorite drugstore/Target/Ulta brand makeup and beauty products!

After years of being a SAHM and not wearing much makeup I decided it was time to start making myself look more presentable on a daily basis.
    Before kids I would only wear high end brands (mostly MAC).
    But now I don't want to spend department store prices on makeup I am wearing just to run errands and take my kids to their activities.
    I have been researching online, reading lots of reviews, and have found some products that I really like (maybe even MORE than the expensive products I previously used!).
    I thought it would be fun (and helpful) if we all share our favorite products.
    For reference, I have oily, shiny skin.
    Here's my faves so far:

Foundation: Revlon Colorstay for Combo/Oily Skin

Powder: Neutrogena Shine Control

Primer: Neutrogena Shine Control

Lip Gloss: NYX Mega Shine

Eyeliner: Cover Girl Perfect Blend Pencil

Concealer: Maybelline Age Rewind Eraser for Dark Circles

Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous Waterproof

mommylamb is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm a WOHM, but I don't wear much makeup to be honest. I think most women look nicer with just a little bit. When I wear makeup at all (which isn't every day), I wear:

Powder: http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...andFilter=4196
    Blush/Bronzer: http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...andFilter=4196
    Eyeliner:http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/prod...mpprod3590029#
    Mascara: Mabeline of some sort
    lipstick: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/s...Oreal/Lipstick (but I often just wear chapstick instead)
    DS1 6/07

DS2 2/12

I really like this Neutrogena lip balm/crayon/thingy:
    http://www.neutrogena.com/product/mo...color+stick.do

I use the soft raspberry shade. It's not nearly as dark as it looks like online.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

newmomto1 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Forgot a couple...
    Rimmel Eyebrow Pencil
    And, Batiste Dry Shampoo....I wash my hair everyday, but this dry shampoo works great to freshen up my hair after running around all day! Also works great to add body!

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love Maybelline Illegal Lengths mascara.
    Physicians Formula liquid eyeliner
    Boots foundation. I don't remember which formula, but it is great. At first it looks a little grey or green but blended it is fantastic
    Olio hair color

Eta: perfect 10 styling spray. It tames my frizzies.
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

What a timely thread! I too am trying to put a bit more into my appearance and make myself look a bit more polished. I have been extensively researching this on makeupalley.com since a very popular question is "what is your favorite drugstore, mascara, eyeliner, etc"

So I've made a list of their recommendations, but I personally use and love Cover Girl perfect blend pencil, Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara, but have also used L'Oreal Voluminous and loved it. I recently splurged on Lancome Definicils since I've read so many raves about it and it totally stinks, major clumps....I also use Neutrogena Lip Gloss and L'Oreal True Match blush. I am fair, but I use the darkest color, 7/8 cool, but a very light touch of it, and it looks very natural, like a natural flush. Plus I'd rather use a slightly darker blush, but less of it, than a lighter color and more of it, esp since I can be breakout prone at times.

This is the list from makeupalley.com of the stuff I want to try that was highly recommended:

eyeshadow - Maybelline Eye Studio quads, Wet N Wild eyeshadows (they get rave reviews), and L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow
    mascara - L'Oreal Telescopic, L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes and Maybelline Full and Soft
    eyeliner - L'Oreal, Physicians formula 3 pack, and the ones by Milani, Prestige and NYX

I want to experiment with stuff other than black/brown mascara and brown eyeliner for my brown eyes....venturing into charcoal grey and plum.....
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

94bruin is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have oily/combo skin. CoverGirl truBlend pressed powder helps control my shine. (I use tinted Paula's Choice moisturizer underneath.)

For eyeliner (which I don't use daily since I still haven't gotten the hang of putting on nicely) is L'Oreal Infallible 24H Lacquer Liner. It's the first liner I've tried that stays put. Other liner tend to smear onto my lower eyes due to my oily skin. It does take a steady hand to apply, though.

Like OP, I also have used Neutrogena Shine control pressed powder. However, even though its translucent, after I put it on, I looked pale. It did go away with a time, but I thought I'd give another brand a try. So far, the Covergirl pressed power has worked for me (and it comes in different shades.)
    Last edited by 94bruin; 07-30-2014 at 12:54 AM.
    DD1 2005
    DD2 2009

MamaMolly is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jerseygirl07067 View Post

eyeshadow - Maybelline Eye Studio quads, Wet N Wild eyeshadows (they get rave reviews), and L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadow
    mascara - L'Oreal Telescopic, L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes and Maybelline Full and Soft
    eyeliner - L'Oreal, Physicians formula 3 pack, and the ones by Milani, Prestige and NYX

I want to experiment with stuff other than black/brown mascara and brown eyeliner for my brown eyes....venturing into charcoal grey and plum.....
    I've a funny story about the time I bought the WetNWild eyeshadow for my DDs to play with. Silly me didn't notice that it said long wear, and it really, truly is!! It took a lot of work to get the darker colors off them. So I'd buy it for myself but never again for the kiddos.

Before I used Illegal Lengths mascara I was a die hard Full and Soft fan. Good stuff!!!
    Molly
    Lula '06 outgrew her allergy to milk & eggs, still allergic to peanuts and cats
    Dolly '10

Mascara - L'Oreal Butterfly. I've been using this for about four or five months. It came in the last Target makeup box that was $5, and I've bought another tube since then. It doesn't seem to dry out like the Covergirl and Maybelline tubes I've tried.

Eye-makeup remover - Sonia Kashuk (Target). Learned about this from Makeup Alley. It's very similar to Lancome's Bi-Fical remover, which gets top ratings. But at $26 a bottle, I'll never found. LOL

Eyeliner- Sephora Nano liner. I know Sephora doesn't cary drugstore brands, but if we're talking price, the Nano liners are $5 and fantastic. They glide easily, have a slight thicker line for those who like that, and they have a slight shimmer, which is nice. Just make sure you pick up the special Nano sharpener for $3. The Nanos are a hair to big for regular sharpeners.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

aa2mama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My drugstore staples are:

Longwearing Lipstick: Revlon ColorStay Overtime in Neverending Nude with Carmex on top instead of the attached gloss. I like the longwearing lipsticks because I put it on once and don't have to touch up the entire day. This is a lovely MLBB shade.

Lipstick: L'Oreal Colour Riche in Fairest Nude. Great color and decent staying power.

Mascara: L'Oreal Voluminous waterproof

For concealer, powder foundation, bronzer and blush I go high-end.
    ~Heidi
    Mama to DS 12/03 & DD 2/07