Default New wedding ring for DH

DH and I will be celebrating our 20th Annivesary this year and I've been wracking my brain trying to come up with an appropriate gift for him when I came across the wedding ring thread. DH can't wear his ring at work (safety issue) but used to wear it otherwise. However, lately he has mentioned that his fingers have gotten bigger and it's a real struggle to get the ring on and off. Not to mention it is horribly scratched.

So, a new band would be a great gift! I'd kind of like to get it before hand, because I think it would be neat to get something engraved on the inside, but I'm kind of at a loss for ideas. Any suggestions on type of ring and what to engrave on the inside?
    Mom to DD - my thriving preemie - Jan 2009

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My caveat is that I haven't ever priced them out, but I love the look of these Mokume Gane men's bands: http://www.mokume-gane.com/index.php...=wedding_bands

I've never seen anything like them, and I like the idea of giving something that is a statement piece for important occasions.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

When dh lost his ring last fall playing football in the dark, we got a replacement at Costco, per recs here.