MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Recommendations for uniform shoes?

DS needs uniform shoes and I am looking for something comfy and stylish. He must have brown or black polished leather, no sneakers. Slip ons or lace ups are acceptable. But I really want something as comfortable as a sneaker for him. Any suggestions?

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Do they make a Merrell Jungle Moc that would work? Lands End has some too. We don't need uniform shoes but I always but Jungle Mocs or similar for ds1.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The polished requirement is the tricky part. The LE all weather mocs are comfy for certain kids but they are matte. LE dress shoes have a rubber sole.

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

There are leather jungle mocs. I wonder if you could polish them a little if they aren't shiny enough? http://m.zappos.com/merrell-kids-jun...-big-kid-black

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    The polished requirement is the tricky part. The LE all weather mocs are comfy for certain kids but they are matte. LE dress shoes have a rubber sole.
    The whole dress code is a pain.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am pretty sure our local Stride Rite has the Merrell Jungle Mocs.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaInMarch View Post
    The whole dress code is a pain.

Thanks for the suggestions. I am pretty sure our local Stride Rite has the Merrell Jungle Mocs.
    i highly recommend the Umi Karll boys dress shoe. I found them at Nordstrom. I bought each of my boys a new pair last summer and they lasted the entire school year. They look good enough for the boys to wear again this year until they outgrow them. My boys often choose to wear these shoes because they are comfortable. The price was high but they are great quality shoes.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    i highly recommend the Umi Karll boys dress shoe. I found them at Nordstrom. I bought each of my boys a new pair last summer and they lasted the entire school year. They look good enough for the boys to wear again this year until they outgrow them. My boys often choose to wear these shoes because they are comfortable. The price was high but they are great quality shoes.
    Thanks! I am ok with paying a little more if they are going to be comfortable and wear well. I think good shoes are important for a growing foot.

Gatorsmom, I searched that and as soon as I saw it, I knew I had seen a similar shoe on 6pm. They have a slip on loafer style for $41.99 and a Velcro closure boot like the Karll for $47.67!

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

They are wonderful shoes. Sounds like you found a great deal!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.