Default Magic bands and Toddlers

We are going in December- dd2 will be 2.5 and I'm envisioning how I can keep the magic band on her. She's very dexterous- and strong willed- are these bands easily removed or are they more permanent until cut off? Online they don't look permanent but I can't really tell.
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

I remember worrying about that for DS1 who was almost 3. Turned out to be a non issue for us, as once he realized he could "charge" his food items, open our hotel room door with band, scan at entrance gate, etc he kept it on as he wanted to scan his band every chance he could!
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Also, kids under 3 don't actually need bands, as they get into the parks for free. DS was given one so he wouldn't feel left out, but he didn't need to wear it.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

For parts of days, I carried the kids bands in my purse. They just got tired of wearing them. Once inside, they only need them for fastpasses.
    Kris

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    Also, kids under 3 don't actually need bands, as they get into the parks for free. DS was given one so he wouldn't feel left out, but he didn't need to wear it.
    DD2 wouldn't keep hers on at all, but since she didn't need it as a ticket, etc., I just started leaving hers in the hotel room.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

DH wore our toddler's. There's no need for the small child to wear it, assuming you don't let him go off on his own.

They are not permanent. It's a flexible rubbery material with snaps similar to what's on the back of an adjustable baseball cap. I know one of my adult friends lost hers because she's a fidgeter and kept snapping-unsnapping it.
    Last edited by BunnyBee; 08-01-2014 at 11:36 AM.