Thread: Unbelievable!!

Default Unbelievable!!

I posted a thread asking how to be firm with my FIL's email over zoo field trip with DS1 alone.

I got his reply this morning and still FUMING over his arrogance!

Basically he replied saying seems a rather complicated arrangement, however if that's what you prefer, fine. See ya there so so time. Then had the added nerve to sign off by saying PS, I have an excellent driving safety record)

?!?!? Who the hell would say that?!? He should be thanking his lucky stars he still gets to spend lot of time with my kids. As it is, my SIL barely let them see HER 5 kids, something I was made aware too often from my FIL. Yet here I am trying to be the bigger person here with my boys for my in laws.

Ugh!!!! I'm so tempted to reply saying to forget this whole trip as I'm being very generous to do this, 4 DAYS before we go on our beach vacation.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Well, his pride is hurt and doesn't see himself as a hazard to the kids. The reality may be different, but this is the way he sees it. I am sorry, this is such a difficult situation. I don't know what I'd do.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

Quote Originally Posted by rlu View Post
    Well, his pride is hurt and doesn't see himself as a hazard to the kids. The reality may be different, but this is the way he sees it. I am sorry, this is such a difficult situation. I don't know what I'd do.
    I agree it's infuriating that he would close on such a snotty note. But I'm sure his ego's hurting. You're the mom, you did the right thing.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

He isn't objective. My FIL thinks he's fine too and due to other drivers avoiding him and dumb luck, he hasn't really hurt someone but he's still an awful driver. Good for you and I would try to ignore it.

daisysmom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My fil pointed out his driving record once in an email to us... And we were in the middle if a guardianship proceeding and took steps to have his license taken. Brush off his email - as hard as it is. The email itself is more evidence why you are not letting him drive - he is defensive and not objective and disrespectful. If I were on the fence about letting him drive, this email would clarify that further. It is hard watching our parent lose their way, but statistically, mist if us are going to be in this sandwich generation dealing with these issues.

hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by rlu View Post
    His feelings were hurt. It is annoying but I get it.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07