TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default What are my options for a harnessed booster?

DD2 still has room to grow in her KF30, but I'm starting to get tired of lugging it around so I am thinking about to a new seat for DD1. My plan is to give DD1's RA55s to DD2 and get a harnessed booster for DD1. However, DD1 is only 25 or 26 lbs, and about 37ish inches tall. I do NOT feel that she is ready for a HBB only, not am I sure she meets the weight requirements. What are my options for a harnessed booster (one that will convert from a harnessed seat to a high-back booster and possibly even a low-back booster) for her weight?
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

Harnessed is definitely the way to go, usually about 5 and 40 pounds is when a booster is an ok choice.
    Just depends on your budget and car . Britax Frontier is a super awesome seat, there's literally nothing easier to install. Graco Nautilus or Argos are ok, kind of upright and not good for sleeping, and the crotch strap is kind of tight for skirts. The Recaro Performance Sport is super comfy-cushy. And the Evenflo Secure Kid is nice but upright. Evenflo Maestro is a great second or spare seat.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks Jools! I'll check those out.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.