Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I love my sauconys. I'm a major suponator, with a high arch and narrow heel. I can't do any shoe with stability control in it because that just pushes my feet to roll outward even more since most of the stability is in the arch instep for people whose feet roll in.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I love Asics. Mine are moderately supportive. You need to go to a running store, and have them fit you. some stores have a treadmill so you can try them out, and they can watch you, see if you have pronation issues.

note: My favorite shoe is discontinued (it's from 2007), so I buy them from Road Runner Sports online. There really is a difference. When I tried the newest version in 2011, I almost killed my IT band.
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Yes, go to a specialty store to get fitted.

There's the Princeton Running Company on Nassau Street and Road Runner Sports at the northernmost end of Rte 130 for two shops nearby that I would trust with my feet.

I recently got fitted at Road Runner Sports and, after 20 years (!) of being assessed as a pronator, my foot has become more neutral.

I'm currently wearing Brooks Glycerine shoes with custom insoles and they are awesome.
    Thank you so MUCH!!!! I googled earlier, maybe i didn't search correctly but only came up with two stores that was 30 mins or more away from me. Your links didn't come up in my search and both stores looks like what I need.

Will go there upon my return from vacation following week.
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Thank you to all for giving feedback. Little did I know! so glad I asked because i thought it's just a question of looking up brands online and buy from there.

will report back which pair I got soon.

I don't have a road runner store near me but shop online with them and I'm a member of their VIP program. Both DH and I get shoes from them a couple of times a year and we easily save more than the membership costs by waiting until they have an extra 10% off for VIP's (at least every couple of weeks).

lizzywednesday is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Thank you so MUCH!!!! I googled earlier, maybe i didn't search correctly but only came up with two stores that was 30 mins or more away from me. Your links didn't come up in my search and both stores looks like what I need.

Will go there upon my return from vacation following week.
    Glad to help!

People absolutely rave about Princeton Running Company, which I haven't been able to visit, but I've been familiar with Road Runner Sports for over 18 years. It's where my mother & stepfather bought their shoes while training for the NYC marathon, and where they pointed me when I started training for a 2-day walking event in 2003-'04.

The North Brunswick RRS store is pretty great and I liked the salespeople because they let me ask questions about my results, and they seemed to listen to my concerns. You may feel some sales pressure, and the custom insoles are around $80 (no obligation, but you get to try shoes with them), but overall I would recommend the staff. And if you join the VIP club (I think it's $20/year) you get a discount on your purchases as well as advance notice of sales & special events - oh, and a 90-day return window to be absolutely sure that the shoes you end up buying are the right pair. (And, yes, you can wear them around town - they take them back, no questions asked, if they don't work!)

I've been wearing my new Brooks for 2 weeks now and have no foot, ankle, knee, or hip pain - and it's leaps and bounds easier to catch my 4-year-old if she takes off down the street. This is after not replacing my running shoes for FIVE YEARS. *shudder*
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

update in my post.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3