Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thanks for all your input. I think I will look into the Graco seats- what would be considered a good deal?
    DD 12/08
    DS 1/14

okinawama is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Install on the scenera wasn't really an issue here, comfort on the other hand was. There's very little padding between the plastic and their body, and on road trips or rides over and hour, my son began to fidget and fuss constantly.

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by okinawama View Post
    Install on the scenera wasn't really an issue here, comfort on the other hand was. There's very little padding between the plastic and their body, and on road trips or rides over and hour, my son began to fidget and fuss constantly.
    I have one for travel. DD complains that her back hurts if she is in it for an extended time.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

The Evenflo Sureride is well liked and can be found under $100. Same with the Safety 1st Guide 65.

The Scenera video looks awful, but consumer reports has apparently revamped their crash tests and it was the only seat to score excellent! It just has such low weight and height limits for RF.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by happymom View Post
    Thanks for all your input. I think I will look into the Graco seats- what would be considered a good deal?
    $149.99 is the lowest it's gone on Amazon.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by flashy09 View Post
    The Evenflo Sureride is well liked and can be found under $100. Same with the Safety 1st Guide 65.

The Scenera video looks awful, but consumer reports has apparently revamped their crash tests and it was the only seat to score excellent! It just has such low weight and height limits for RF.
    35lbs rf. thats not bad?
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by abh5e8 View Post
    35lbs rf. thats not bad?
    Just about every other seat goes to 40 lbs with several at 45 and the Foonf and Rainier at 50! But 35 might fine if "only" going to 2yrs old and you don't have a higher % weight kid. I just end up googling too much and now am scared to ever turn my kids around!
    Last edited by flashy09; 08-08-2014 at 05:41 PM.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I think there's a Graco rebate out now if you're still looking at Gracos. http://www.gracobaby.com/pages/rebat...cid=hpb080114a

I never minded spending money on car seats since they're something I use daily and they're responsible for the safety of my kids. I had a Britax Boulevard and Roundabout for DS, since it seemed like that's what was recommended most back in 2011 when I bought them. They are really easy to install and the harness adjusts easily. I have two travel seats that I bought for cheap <$100 that annoy me so much because they are hard to install and the harness twists up and is hard to adjust. And traveling is when you really want things to be easy, IMO! Plus, DS complains that they are uncomfortable which he never does in the other seats.

Now I have a Diono Ranier which was $$$, but it's really comfortable for DS, will keep him rear facing longer than the Britax or Cosco seats, and I find it much easier to use. He has tons more legroom, it's easier to get him in and out and buckled, and I like how solid and secure the seat feels. The car seat techs always say that there is no known difference in safety between the different seats when used properly, but I have found that the cheap seats annoy ME so much that I like the pricier ones better!

Nemesia is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by trcy View Post
    I have one for travel. DD complains that her back hurts if she is in it for an extended time.
    We bought a scenera for an upcoming trip to Ireland. We'll be there 2.5 weeks, and in the car quite a bit (some days not at all, some days 3-5 hours total). I'm worried that dd12 mo will find the scenera uncomfortable too. The lack of padding was surprising (compared with our Diono). Are we crazy to take it? My MIL suggested buying some padding to put underneath the cover, but I'm worried it would compromise the safety and/or not make much of a difference.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Britax car seat vs. Cosco Scenera?

I remember in 2006 when I was looking for a second seat for DD1 and didn't have the money for another Britax (we got the Marathon with gift cards from the baby shower) and I looked at the Scenera and there was no padding what so ever so I didn't even consider it. As time went on had I needed it as a travel seat we would have used one though because it was cheap and easy to find. We ended up with an Evenflo Triumph seat that DD1 loved way more than the big old Britax Marathon and I actually really resented that Britax Marathon for very long time (and was pissed that I could have gotten the Triumph plus other baby stuff for the same price as a single Marathon) so I would definitely check out the Evenflo or Graco seats because there are other great seat companies out there besides Britax.

You can also find deals on Britax as well. I paid $200 for the Frontier 80 (diapers.com sale with new customer code and sale), $180 for the Blvd 70 due to an Amazon sale plus Amazon Mom code, $100 for a Roundabout 55 from a Wayfair.com open box sale (this was a few months before the Triumph expired and DD2 was just about 18 mos.), and $195 for a Frontier 90 from the Amazon warehouse deal. TBH had I not found the deals I found on those seats I would have bought Graco or Evenflo without a second thought, and my DD1 rides in a Graco highback turbo around town and rarely complains.
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 08-19-2014 at 11:30 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast