Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Can anyone give me some tips on how/ where to sell a stroller and how to ship it?

Hi everyone,
    I hope this is ok to post here. We have an Origami Stroller with a color kit that has only been used a few times. We are thinking about selling it but have no idea how. We live in an area where the average mom gets her stroller at Target or very low cost at a yard sale so do not think we will be able to sell it locally. I see some on Ebay are selling used but I can't imagine how to go about packaging it and it seems like that would cost quite a bit. Does anyone have any suggestions or experience they can share? TIA

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I think you would be wise to at least explore local facebook for sale or trade groups (mom/ parent based ones) or Craigslist. There could easily be a few people in your area looking for a good stroller but they can't afford one retail. They could be regularly reading Craigslist in a hope that something other than a cheapy stroller comes up. I'd try because you aren't committed to selling but you can avoid the shipping issue. but, if you are sure about ebay, look at how others with the same/ similar stroller charge for shipping. I'd probably take it to UPS and have them box and ship for me and pass that cost on to the buyer.

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I think you would be wise to at least explore local facebook for sale or trade groups (mom/ parent based ones) or Craigslist. There could easily be a few people in your area looking for a good stroller but they can't afford one retail. They could be regularly reading Craigslist in a hope that something other than a cheapy stroller comes up. I'd try because you aren't committed to selling but you can avoid the shipping issue. but, if you are sure about ebay, look at how others with the same/ similar stroller charge for shipping. I'd probably take it to UPS and have them box and ship for me and pass that cost on to the buyer.
    Thank you- thats a good idea

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

I second trying to sell it locally first. I sold quite a few baby items on Craigslist. I would recommend having an email address just for that purpose so you can delete it once it's sold. You will get a bunch of spam.
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

I sold a nice stroller on a FB b/s/t group in an area just like you're describing. I actually had zero interest for the first couple days, then had several inquiries all at once. I personally watched my CL like a hawk when I was looking for a certain high end, discontinued stroller - never found one, but there are buyers even in places where it doesn't seem likely! Good luck!
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

lele is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Maybe check out Stroller Queen Stroller Swap on facebook. You may find a buyer or tips on how/where to sell and how to ship cheapest.
    Lele, mom to 3

lele is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Or maybe you already found that
    Lele, mom to 3