emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Disney double question

Wow, it's been a long time since I posted here.

We are leaving for Disney in about 10 days and I still don't have a double stroller! My thought was to find a BJCMD on Craigslist but there are none. So if not a BJCMD, what else should I consider? There is a Mac Triumph double on CL but I know nothing about umbrella doubles. Not even sure my kids would fit. A sit and stand with a second seat like a Joovy is an option also but I think we would need reclining for all the kids.

We will have three riders and I'm planning on taking a BJCM single. Our riders: 32lb 2yr old, 45lb 5 yr old and 52lb 6 yr old. We won't need the double after this trip so I'm planning on selling when we return. Renting is an option but only if we end up having to buy new. Otherwise, renting will cost more than buying off CL. Our regular double is a MB Duo but I think it will be a monster to handle on buses, etc.

Please any advice would be appreciated. I haven't shopped for a stroller in a while and I feel lost.

Are you sure renting will cost more? Apple strollers rents for the cost of insurance, $7/day for a BJCMD. That's what I would do. I don't think I'd use a double umbrella. The push can't be great, and it's a lot of walking!

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    Are you sure renting will cost more? Apple strollers rents for the cost of insurance, $7/day for a BJCMD. That's what I would do. I don't think I'd use a double umbrella. The push can't be great, and it's a lot of walking!
    I would def rent before a double umbrella. We took our Mac twin techno with our 1.5 and 3 year old once, then rented a BJCMD with them the next year and the push was so much easier.

emily is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Really? I was reading much more to rent. Will definitely revisit renting option. Thank you.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Why not just rent BJCMD or similar type stroller?? I'm sure it would cost more to buy something used on CL and then resell (not to mention the hassle, plus you would have to take it with you on the trip).

We rented a BJCMD for a Disney trip in May and it was SOOO worth it, I honestly would have paid double. It was nice not having to deal with checking in a stroller and worrying about it getting damaged on the flight. When we go to DIsney again we will totally rent a double again (kids will be 4 and 5).

From the rental place we got it from, for BJCMD, it was $75 i think for 4-7 days or something (eta: this is for DisneyLAND..probably more $$). I think that is pretty reasonable. With 3 kids, two being under 5, there is no way i'd rely on just a single for the whole trip. And i agree the push on an umbrella is not great, especially for all day.
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 08-11-2014 at 11:38 PM.

We're going at the end of September and rented from http://applescooter.com/Stroller.asp and it was really reasonable. Less than $60 for 7 days.
    DD1 Jan '10
    DD2 Jan '12