JenaW is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Another dis double - BJCMD

We are heading to Disney in a few weeks with our 8 kids. Based on recs here and elsewhere, we are taking our P&T classic and renting a City Mini Double. Can someone who owns, or has used, the City Mini Double advise me on storage, cup holders, etc. I'd like to be able to hold water bottles, snacks, diapers (I have 3 in Dipes still), and possibly a windbreaker or sweatshirt (there will be 12 of us total, incl my parents). Plus my iced coffee (can I bring my own in to the park or do I need to try and plan for a coffee stop inside the parks?)

Thx :-)
    Jera

acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Check with the rental company - a lot of them have parent consoles and/or coolers included. You can stick a decent amount in the bottom of the stroller, but you just have to remember that it will have to come out every time you have to fold it for buses/boats etc. I brought an empty cheap cinch backpack to put our sweatshirts or raincoats in and stuck that in the bottom. Then I could easily pull it out and throw it on when we had to fold it. Most of my other stuff was in my bag that I carried or hung from the stroller.

And yes, you can bring drinks/snacks in!

infocrazy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We rented a Citi Mini Double. I thought the storage was very difficult to access. If I recall correctly, there is a bar in the middle...been a bit for me. Our diaper bag (which fits fine in my BOB or P&T) was hard to get in and out. Fortunately, our diaper bag cooler hung on the handle well. That worked out WAY better. We had a potty trained 3yo and an 8month old. I am a very light packer.

I don't have them, but I have thought about getting saddlebags for the P&T. Could you do that? That would give you extra storage!
    Jen

DS in X-Small 7/12, Medium 5/07, and Large 7/05, one DD 3/10, and our DS 4/09 watching over us.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by acmom View Post
    Check with the rental company - a lot of them have parent consoles and/or coolers included. You can stick a decent amount in the bottom of the stroller, but you just have to remember that it will have to come out every time you have to fold it for buses/boats etc. I brought an empty cheap cinch backpack to put our sweatshirts or raincoats in and stuck that in the bottom. Then I could easily pull it out and throw it on when we had to fold it. Most of my other stuff was in my bag that I carried or hung from the stroller.

And yes, you can bring drinks/snacks in!
    Yup to everything above! We never folded ours, as we were at Disneyland on site and never took the stroller on anything that required folding. But yes, if you have to fold be sure you have a way to carry all your stuff!!

I'm thinking you're going to Disneyland since you mentioned sweatshirts? We were able to fit quite a lot in the bottom of the stroller but as PP pointed out, it's not the easiest access. I didn't mind though - it's not hard and you can just shove things in. Also, the seatbacks have mesh pockets that hold a ton. Each seatback mesh pocket could hold like 4 water bottles (they are stretchy). The access on the GT is a bit better than on a regular BCJMD. They curve one of the metal bars to allow a bigger access point.

We rented from citystrollers, and our BCJMD-GT (I recommend getting the GT - it's not that much more and it's an awesome push, easy to get up/down curbs), and it came equipped with a parent console that was REALLY useful - 2 cupholders (enough for DH and I) and a couple of extra compartments where we stashed stuff like wipes and kleenex. Unlike some doubles, this stroller can take quite a bit of weight hung from the handlebars without tipping so a diaper bag hung there wouldn't worry me at all. We own a regular BJCMD and could easily hang a diaper bag off the handlebars with no problem. The GT is heavier, so you could probably hang even more there. Adjustable handlebars on the GT was AWESOME because DH and I could adjust it so it was comfy for both of us to push.

I love the BJCMD-GT. If it had been available when we bought our regular one, I would've gotten the GT and it would have been our one and only stroller! Oh, we also saw a ton of people at Disneyland with their own GTs. It's apparently THE stroller to own in Anaheim. The huge sunshades are amazing.