Default What seat should I get next?

DD1 (almost 8) is 49 lbs and 49" tall. She's currently in Frontier85 in my car. Backup seat in DH's car is Evenflo SecureKid. DD2 is 3 1/2 yrs and 34 lbs and I can't remember how tall exactly (around 40"?). DD2 currently is in Britax Boulevard that very recently expired. Backup seat in DH's car is Britax Marathon70. Looking for perspective on what seat to get next for DD2. My reasoning for keeping DD1 in HBB for now is that it's comfortable for her, on long trips she does fall asleep and even on late nights during the ride home. So the HBB seems safer for those rides. Now I would be comfortable with her using a LBB with a short commute or riding with grandma or something. But to only have the LBB in my car I'm not entirely convinced she's ready for that so not sure I want to give DD2 her Frontier85. So thoughts on what to get next? For now I need to replace the Boulevard and thinking it may be better to get a harness to booster seat for this. Advice?
    Tammy

Big DD
    Little DD

....hmmm... had a long response then re-thought it... why not get a backless for dd1 in dad's car, and put the 3 yo in the secure kid in dad's car, and the marathon in your car?
    Or just get another Frontier for dd2, it IS divine... (how long left on the first frontier? theoretically you could keep dd1 in it till she's 12 if she remains a car sleeper, but will you? if it has a long time to expiry, give her another year in it then hand it down? They are good for 9 years, for reference, I got a full 6 years out of mine, and Leah's 8 but never sleeps, so I re-homed it recently...)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default What seat should I get next?

I was ready to move DD1 (8, 49" tall and 49lbs) to a nicer Parkway or Recarro a few months back when DD2 outgrew her Roundabout 55, but she just wouldn't give up the Frontier 80 as a belted booster so I switched my thinking and bought DD2 (4, 41" and 38lbs) a Frontier 90 (only because I saw it on sale for $195). DD1 sleeps a lot in the car so I was fine with it, and honestly it keeps her from complaining about being 8 and still being boostered. We bought our Frontier in 2009 so yes it will be good until DD1 is 12 yrs. old. I am happy with the Frontier 90 purchase, but had I not found such a great deal on it I probably would have gone with the Evenflo Secure Kid or the Pioneer 70 (which I think is just a newer version of the original Frontier80). I plan on using the Frontier 90 as long as possible and the Frontier 90 I think will make a better belted booster because the seat is a lower profile than the original Frontier 80.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)