Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by basil View Post
    I think the shell height is about the same, but the headrest on the Boulevard and Advocate models now counts towards the limit, so the rearfacing height limit is up among the Nextfit/Graco limits.
    What about leg room? I'm actually in the market for a new convertible and love Britax because of the easy install. DS (16 months) is in a Roundabout right now and small for his age (3%), but I can see that the first thing that will start to get tight if I do extended RF with him is space for his legs (he should be ok torso wise). The specs for this new Marathon have the seat area dimensions as 10.5 x 11. Is that an improvement over previous Britax models? How does it compare to Chicco, Peg, etc?

basil is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sg2106 View Post
    What about leg room? I'm actually in the market for a new convertible and love Britax because of the easy install. DS (16 months) is in a Roundabout right now and small for his age (3%), but I can see that the first thing that will start to get tight if I do extended RF with him is space for his legs (he should be ok torso wise). The specs for this new Marathon have the seat area dimensions as 10.5 x 11. Is that an improvement over previous Britax models? How does it compare to Chicco, Peg, etc?
    I don't know - I'm waiting for the reviews! The seat dimensions don't really tell the whole story due to different reclines, etc, and how it installs in the car. I know my DS's legs were squished in his Boulevard CS around 2+ and he outgrew it by height around 2.75...and he's pretty average sized...so if this one is the same I'll be disappointed.

If you want to extended RF when your Roundabout is outgrown, though, you'll have to get the Boulevard or the Advocate. I think the new Marathon is about the same height as the old ones for ERF.
    DS- 8/11
    DD- 5/14

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by sg2106 View Post
    The 10.5 actually loses .5 inches, but someone on another forum told me the recline feature could help that out. But of course older kids don't want to lay down to gain leg room!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

http://carseatblog.com/29262/more-on...k-peek-review/
    The height is way way taller on the spendier ones... I don't know why the seat depth looks so much deeper on those pictures to me, maybe lower profile covers or wishful thinking?
    Plenty of legroom if the *vehicle* seat reclines a couple notches, so some cars (vans, suvs in particular) will be fine for older RF'ers, at least (that's one reason I adore the huge Safety 1st Elite things, the seat pan is 15"!)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    http://carseatblog.com/29262/more-on...k-peek-review/
    The height is way way taller on the spendier ones... I don't know why the seat depth looks so much deeper on those pictures to me, maybe lower profile covers or wishful thinking?
    Plenty of legroom if the *vehicle* seat reclines a couple notches, so some cars (vans, suvs in particular) will be fine for older RF'ers, at least (that's one reason I adore the huge Safety 1st Elite things, the seat pan is 15"!)
    Does Britax let you do that? I know Clek does and it really helps, but I had read somewhere Britax requires the setback totally upright. Hope not!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Well, they can't predict even the natural seat recline angle for any given vehicle, every car is so different. As long as the seat is installed to the requirements of less than one inch of movement at the belt path, and 80% of the base on the vehicle seat, then it really doesn't matter what the seatback angle is. Reclining a vehicle seatback too much almost always loosens the install, so it's better to err on the side of caution and tell the masses not to do something, and that' the news gets around.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2