View Poll Results: Which car seat would you choose?

Voters
1. You may not vote on this poll
  • Evenflo Securekid 400 DLX (securelatch)

1 100.00%
  • Britax Pioneer (sureclick)

0 0%
    wallawala is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default Another " help me pick a seat" ... Evenflo SecureKid 400 vs the Britax Pioneer

We are trying to buy 2 new car seats for our nanny's car. A sentence I'd never thought I'd ever write, but daycare is no longer an option, and so the nanny starts in 2 weeks!

She drives a 2010 Ford Focus with latch. These carseats will be dedicated for her car, but I expect she will want to take them out on the weekend (being young and single!) so paramount importance for us is ease of solid installation, as it will probably happen frequently. We live in a climate with snow/ice easily 6 months out of the year. I worry our kids are most likely to be in an accident in her car not ours.

Main requirements are:
    Easy/secure installation
    5pt harness for as long as possible

Kids are currently both forward facing
    DD: 5yro, 30 lbs 43 inches (Britax Pioneer 70)
    DS: 2.5 yro, 30lbs, 33 inches (Britax Marathon)

So after tons of research... I'm down to two harnessed boosters

Evenflo SecureKid 400DLX with securelatch (http://www.amazon.com/Evenflo-Secure...+securekid+400)
    -self tightening latch attachements
    -can seatbelt install once kids are 50lbs (will be AWHILE)
    -seat is lighter weight
    -cheaper (about $150 ish online at amazon)

Britax Pioneer 90 with SureClick http://www.amazon.com/Britax-Frontie...tax+pioneer+90
    -easy install with seatbelt (at least seems that way watching online videos)
    -heavy ~25lbs
    -about $265ish online, MSRP is $330

While cost is our least important factor, I'd like to at least capitalize on deal to blunt the pain of buying two more seats (just bought DD's harnessed booster 2 yrs ago, and expected to be done buying carseats for a long, long time)

Anyone have a favorite who has actually used these (better yet has a ford fusion for fit info??). While I like our marathon, our frontier irks me as the seat cover is always sliding off. Kids are good about sitting upright in seats, and they won't sleep in the car (or anywhere, but that's probably a bitching post I could write).

Poll coming!

tmahanes is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I sold my Secure Kid because it doesn't have strap covers and the harness was rubbing B's neck too much. It was VERY easy to install. I have a new frontier which is similar to the pioneer and we like it... We don't have problems with the cover. If you can find on sale the new clicktight on the frontier is the easiest thing I have ever installed!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    Tara

DS - B 2/10

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Another " help me pick a seat" ... Evenflo SecureKid 400 vs the Britax Pioneer

Unless you want to hand down the seats from your car to your nanny and get new seats for your car I would probably go with the Evenflo seats. I found my Frontier 90 on the Amazon Warehouse site for $195, but had I not I was seriously considering the Evenflo seat as well as the Pioneer 70. The Frontier 90 is the same price as the Pioneer 90 right now on Amazon. We have never had an issue with our Frontier seat cover and the install is very easy, but had the Frontier 90 not been on sale I think I probably would have been happy with the Secure Kid.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)