Default When do new toys come out? Sales start?

DD is turning two next month and I tried to be proactive about searching for present ideas but I've really had no luck. Last year it was very frustrating because I bought her new little people sets (the klip Klop stable and castle) for crazy high prices which were so much more discounted as Christmas approached. Maybe I've just been lucky shopping for DS because as a January baby I can buy his B-Day presents during the X-Mas sales. Does anyone know when the new sets are brought out and the discounts start? I need to figure out what to buy her but there really isn't anything different from last year. I'm considering the LP day at Disney set but it's only at Fisher Price right now and it doesn't really seem worth $50 which I'm sure will get discounted when it's closer to Christmas. Any ideas for me?

I think the new toys will start rolling out at the end of this month/beginning of September. I have found that the prices of some toy lines like Fisher Price, Little Tikes, etc. will drop for a day or two on walmart.com and/or target.com but regular price in stores and actually be cheaper than Amazon) within the first two-three weeks that the toys are introduced and then go back up--usually unadvertised. I haven't figured out the process, and it seems arbitrary to me but I have noticed this in the past two years. Once I have an idea of which toys I will be buying, I constantly check prices.