Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default mid-cycle cramps?

Sorry if this is TMI, but just wondering....I've been on birth control most of my adult life, but I stopped a few months ago. Since I've been off, I've noticed that each cycle, I have a couple days (2-3) of cramps midway through my cycle. They're not horrible, but they have the feel of "my period's about to start" -- but it's about a week/week and a half early. Does anyone else experience that? Is it normal? I wondered at first if maybe it was ovulation I was feeling, but it seems like that would be for multiple days, right? TIA.
    Lizi

It doesn't sound like ovulation just because of the timing. I ovulate, then start 15 days later so it is about 2 weeks before cycle starts. Everyone is different, but ovulation for me almost feels like I have gas that won't release. It's more like a constant gas pressure or pain in my lower abdomen - but not cramps that throb or come and go- and lasts for 1, sometimes 2 days.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I get ovulation pain that starts and ends like cramping but in the middle feels like I'm being stabbed in the ovary with a piece of jagged glass. I have to take tylenol each month to deal with it. The whole thing lasts 24-48hrs.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    I get ovulation pain that starts and ends like cramping but in the middle feels like I'm being stabbed in the ovary with a piece of jagged glass. I have to take tylenol each month to deal with it. The whole thing lasts 24-48hrs.
    Me too exactly
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Mid cycle cramps has a name - Mittelschmerz. I had them when I was a kid and that's what my doctor told me.
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Hmmm...interesting, thanks for the comments. I went and re-looked at the calendar and I was a week off -- so it's more like 2 weeks prior to expected period that I'm feeling this, so maybe that's exactly what it is. Thanks!
    Lizi