Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

If they like dairy, cottage cheese or yogurt?
    My DD loves cottage cheese, grape tomatoes, salt and pepper.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by brittone2 View Post
    If they like dairy, cottage cheese or yogurt?
    My DD loves cottage cheese, grape tomatoes, salt and pepper.
    I do send in frozen yogurt pops, but DD1 isn't into it enough for it to be a regular thing.

However, thanks for all your ideas! It got me thinking that they maybe would like dinner leftovers. I asked them today, and they sounded pretty excited about that. One of the dinners they really like is rice, seasoned ground beef, and stir fried napa cabbage. Lunches that they both like are what I'm trying for. Last year they would request different lunches and it got really impossible. Plus they wouldn't choose to buy school lunch the same day. I had to go with at least something they would eat, even if it wasn't a favorite and say, "today you're having this, I'll make what you like another day." I can't imagine what will happen next year when I have 3 lunch eaters!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

Yes, definitely hummus and crackers and cheese and crackers to change it up a bit. I may throw in a bit of turkey pepperoni.

I have a "formula" that I use for their lunches, to keep me sane and organized, since I have to pack 3, including my own before getting out the doors. Each one gets a sandwich or some combo listed above, a dairy (yogurt or string cheese), 2 servings of fruits or veggies, and then a snack (crackers, granola bar, etc). I literally pack each one, one of the categories at a time, if that make any sense.
    Marcy

DD1 2003
    DD2 2005
    DD3 2009

Amy's bean squares, turkey slices rolled up w/ crackers on the side

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk; moderator infantreflux.org/forum
    ~laura in miami~
    ds1 7/03
    ds2 7/06
    Welcome/Intro to Infantreflux (I'm a Mod)

In addition to the things listed above, we do a lot of refried beans (reheated, put in a thermos & sprinkled with cheese) along with chips for dipping. Or a bean/cheese burrito. Or cooked tortellini/ravioli in a thermos. Edamame pods.

Ugh. Don't even want to think about lunches yet, though! We have one more week.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Tortellini or mini ravioli (huge hit), either with olive oil or marinara sauce
    meatballs (either homemade or TJs turkey meatballs, cooked in marinara)
    quesadillas
    chicken nuggets
    mac n cheese

bigsis is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
    One of the dinners they really like is rice, seasoned ground beef, and stir fried napa cabbage.
    I would love your recipe!

My DS is allergic to a lot of things. So far this year, he loves steamed rice with whatever--hot dogs, kielbasa, teriyaki chicken... I would love your recipe so I can add 1 more thing.
    Lea

Mom to:
    DD 8/2003
    DS 11/2005

We do a chicken pasta salad... We eat it lukewarm for dinner, but for lunch, we eat it cold, and DD loves it. It has pasta, cucumber, pickles, chicken, green beans, and cheese, with a ranch sauce, so it has a good blend of some protein, veggies, dairy, etc. We pair it with a pack of sliced apples, and DD gets a milk at school. We don't do it often, but it's one of our favorites!
    --Mimi
    Mom to Lala (2004), Bonus Mom to Big Sis 1 (1991) and Big Sis 2 (1992)
    Grammy to Big Kindy Kid (2011), Big Pre-K Kid (2012),
    Grandbaby Appendage (2014), and New Baby Grandboy (summer 2017)

maestramommy is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bigsis View Post
    I would love your recipe!

My DS is allergic to a lot of things. So far this year, he loves steamed rice with whatever--hot dogs, kielbasa, teriyaki chicken... I would love your recipe so I can add 1 more thing.
    I don't have a recipe. I make rice in the rice cooker. The meat is stir fried with soy sauce, the napa cabbage is stir fried with garlic and salt. Very simple!
    Melinda
    Mommy to
    The Gift 10/01/05
    Elfgirl 5/25/07
    Sparky 6/27/09

"Sunset to Twilight, Our Family's Journey with Alzheimer's." http://maestramommi.blogspot.com/

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My DDs have never been willing to eat sandwiches. We do a lot of cheese and crackers (with fruit and veggies too). My kids both really like those small balls of fresh mozzarella, so we use them a lot. We also do tortellini in a thermos and sometimes leftovers.

Today I sent DD wit hummus and pretzel thins for her protein/carb.
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast