Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by inmypjs View Post
    I'm curious about something. Would those of you who responded that you would love to see no homework be willing to try to get that implemented in your district? I'm asking because honestly, I feel like so many feel this way, and yet we all just go along and don't say that we think it is inappropriate. Not sure if the response on this board is skewed, but if this is the majority opinion, and we are paying taxes and/or tuition to our schools, why aren't we working to change this? I have been making an effort to stand up for what I want to see in my school, and I've tried to do it in a respectful way. I find tons of parents who tell me they agree with me, but very few who would be willing to come to a board meeting or even sign a letter stating their concerns. No one wants to rock the boat I guess.
    I'd support it. There's no doubt though that I'm involved, engaged and don't hesitate to ask, complain or advocate for stuff.

inmypjs is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've actually done quite a bit of advocacy in my district and state, including getting groups of parents to attend school board meetings, write letters, etc. I've even given a speech to our State Senate education committee when my group was invited to speak to them. I've just noticed as the organizer of such groups, I found that the majority of people we talked to agreed with our concerns, but were unwilling to commit any time or effort. Wish all of us were in the same district! Our school would rock .
    Last edited by inmypjs; 08-21-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5