Default Where/when to buy a Keyfit 30?

Our original Keyfit30 expires next month, and baby3 is due in February. I'm fairly certain that I'd like to get another Keyfit, as it still gets great ratings and would snap into our existing strollers. If I remember correctly, we bought our first Keyfit five years ago through Kohl's which doesn't seem to carry Chicco anymore, or I would try to combine a percent off code with Kohl's cash to buy the new one.

Prices seem fairly consistent on internet, and I have some time to wait out a great sale if there will be one. Are there certain sales anywhere that I should be watching out for that might help reduce the price?
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

We got a good deal on ours through target.com last September, although we did get it as a travel system. Not sure if the sales are as good for just the seat. They do have some percent off chicco products a few times a year though. I think it was between 20-30% off when we got our Nextfit from them which I was able to combine with a registry coupon and red card discount.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Thanks, I was thinking Target might be a good option. I'm a bit worried that since I don't need a travel system this time that I won't get as good of a deal, I just need the new seat and two bases.
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

The BRU Trade-In event is also an option - 20% off and you get rid of your old seat safely to boot.

Of course, that all depends on them hosting another one between now & your due date.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    The BRU Trade-In event is also an option - 20% off and you get rid of your old seat safely to boot.

Of course, that all depends on them hosting another one between now & your due date.
    Thanks! I hadn't thought about that one- I'm 2 hours away from the nearest BRU, so that would take some planning to get to if they have that sale again. I wonder if they would accept the old seat without it's cover? I was thinking of keeping the original cover in case I want the new seat to match our original stroller. Hmmm...
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I'm pretty sure they will accept an old seat without a cover. Hmmmmm I wonder when the next trade in event is. I have a couple of expired Marathons I was going to dispose of but may hold onto them if it's coming up soon.
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14

BRU Trade in is a 25% coupon, BUT...they aren't having it this fall like usual, it's the big giveaway event instead . Next trade in might be late january, which might be too late.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

And yes, no cover needed, basically, the grosser, less valuable the gear, the better. They are just throwing it away.
    Julie

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    BRU Trade in is a 25% coupon, BUT...they aren't having it this fall like usual, it's the big giveaway event instead . Next trade in might be late january, which might be too late.
    Ack! Thanks for info Joolsplus2, waiting until late January is really pushing it, and not something I could be comfortable gambling on. Good to know my expired seat would still be accepted without a cover through. It appears that the big Target baby sale is usually in January too.

Still hoping to figure out some sort of deal- I just hate paying full price.
    DS- 6/09
    DD- 4/12
    It's a boy! DS- 2/15

Maybe keep a cart full of seats at Amazon.com, then check your cart daily for a price crash? Albeebaby.com usually has deals, too. BRU is getting new seats in fall, well, we just got some and some are on their way out, so I think other stores will be clearancing, or ARE clearancing now. Good Luck! Worse comes to worst, get a BRU registry and use a 20% coupon and either use your 10% (or 15, depending on where you are) completion coupon OR get the 5/10% back on the endless registry rewards (5 if you spend under 300$, 10 if you spend more).
    Julie