Default Washington DC hotel

I am looking for recommendations for hotels in DC. I am taking my 2 DDs over columbus day weekend -plan is the zoo, smithsonian, and few monuments. I am traveling alone (as in only adult) with a 10 month old and an 8 year old. I am flying into Reagan. I prefer something that is easily accessible by the metro as i feel a bit overwhelmed with the idea of traveling without DH. Thanks for your help.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Will you have a car? There are certain hotels I hate if you have a car. . (Namely the Grand Hyatt downtown.). Budget?

no car. haven't thought about a budget...i want convenience to be the main factor, but don't want to pay $500 a night. i don't even know what is realistic.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I haven't stayed at the Embassy Suites in DC but I'd be tempted to stay there. Id pick the one by the Foggy Bottom stop. It's nice when you are solo traveling with kids to have some way to spread out a bit in the hotel room. Having breakfast and happy hour snacks included on site is nice if you just don't have the oomph to go out.

Pinky is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We stayed at the JW Marriott several years ago and loved it.
    DD Spring 2010