Default Places to stay near Clearwater

We're hoping to visit the Clearwater, FL area during the Christmas holidays this year. I'm looking for recommendations on where to stay. We have two DC (3.5 and 7.5). Ideally, I'd love a beachfront condo/apartment/resort with a kitchen/kitchenette (so we don't have to eat out all the time) and a washer/dryer. We'd like somewhere quiet and relaxed (so not right on Clearwater beach). I'm willing to go further south too (Sarasota maybe?) if there are better options there. Thanks!

Check these areas, they are just a teensy bit south of clearwater. Madeira Beach, Indian Rocks Beach, Redington Beach, Treasure Island and St. Pete Beach. Treausre Island is pretty nice, lots of hotels, food and a boardwalk/shopping area.
    Tradewinds on St. Pete Beach has a huge water slide that's out in the sand and I believe you get free passes to use it if you stay there, they have a water obstacle course set up alot too. The Bilmar Resort may have a slide as well on Treasure Island but you might want to double check that.
    Finally #2 due April 17, 2015

DS - 8.22.08
    allergic to dairy, eggs and nuts
    outgrew wheat!

sweetsue98 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We use this management property http://www.3palmspmg.com
    And stay at the beach cottage. The view was amazing and heard the ocean waves every night. It has everything you are looking for.
    The management group was extremely helpful and friendly.

Thank you both for your suggestions!

7pages is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

We have stayed on Indian rocks beach many times with the kids! Great beach and not too busy!We have always rented through Plumlee Realty and been happy,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Mommy of 5!