Default Tent and sleeping bag

My four year old DS is requesting a tent and sleeping bag for his birthday. This will most likely be for indoor use as he likes to pretend that he is camping like daddy does. Anyone have any favorites??

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I'd just hit somewhere like Target. Any fancier, even LLB, wouldn't be worth it IMO.

When DS was 3, I found this tent for a good price. I liked it because it easily pops up:

http://www.amazon.com/Pacific-Play-T...0548FR9JW0SYEV

We upgraded to this (not a true tent but DS loves it) last Christmas. DS is tall for his age and this one is nice and tall.

http://www.amazon.com/Childern-Patio...lay+house+tent

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My brothers and I had a tent similar to the first one IansMom linked above, lots of fun indoor play with that thing! We have a fold up Disney Fairy tent and I've seen them cheap at Ross. Its just a square that pops open and has two doors. I like that it is easy to store (it folds flat) but its not super big to lay down in. More of a play/reading hideaway.

rlu is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

depending how much room you have, I'd just get a real 2-man tent. This is similar to the one our cubscouts use. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trai...eps-2/22281731

We had one similar to the second linked above and as PP stated, more a play area rather than a sleeping tent. Ours had a scooby-doo print and was purchased at a garage sale.
    The first linked one should work for a 4 year old. It costs more than a real tent but should work for indoor play for a few years, depending how quickly your child grows.

eta: I guess a real tent is probably too big and a bit overkill, but the prices for those play tents are much more than we paid for our used one. Maybe try CL and see what's available locally?
    Last edited by rlu; 09-02-2014 at 07:27 PM.
    DS Mar04, 8th grader. Life Scout. Being read Flash the Homeless Donkey.
    GoldPup (golden retriever born Dec14); Big Boy Dog (1997 - 2008); Little Girl Dog (1997 - 2005); two 10-yo (2007-2017) huge goldfish we can no longer find in MIL's fish pond
    Go Sharks! Go Mirai, Nathan, the Shib Sibs and Team USA
    Recently read The Hate U Give (highly recommend) and The Noel Diary (ok, light). Starting A Dog Named Boo.
    Pooh - "It's a beautiful day." Eeyore - "Not from where I'm sitting." Pooh - "Try standing next to me." From The Best Bear in All the World, Spring.

We have the first one IansMom linked to. It's the easy peasy setup and takedown that makes that one worth the money. We also bought a collapsible tunnel they could crawl through, and it fits in the round hole side of the tent (which is otherwise covered by a flap.)