Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    lmh2402 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

the only one i can think of that i use often is the spicy shredded pork - that's a HUGE hit.

but other than that...meh. tried her pot roast - eh. not fab. her salsa is just ok, IMO. haven't tried much else b/c it usually seems too heavy - my kids/I can't really tolerate too much dairy in a recipe without our tummies hurting.
    mama to my awesome sporty boy (4/09) , precocious little girl (7/12) , and loving doggies (10/05 & 1/14)

MamaInMarch is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I have not tried much from her but I use her waffle recipe for kid breakfasts. I tried a bunch of recipes before finding hers and they were all flops.

I swap 1 of the cups of AP flour for whole wheat and use all of the egg yolks from the eggs being separated.

SummerBaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I made her chicken spaghetti based on rave reviews here. Yuck. No one here liked it. I've never tried any other recipes. If going full fat, I go with Ina Garten. All of her recipes are super delicious!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I've had hits and misses with her, but more hits than misses. First hit that comes to mind is her Cajun Chicken Pasta....*so* good. Not healthy....but delicious!
    Lizi

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Tried one recipe, huge FLOP. No one liked it at all plus most of them seem like a lot of work (relative to how much time I usually spend cooking) and I've been gun shy since. Maybe I'll give something mentioned in this thread a try.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).

boolady is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We all love PW's spicy shredded pork, and DD loves her BBQ Meatballs. Those are her only recipes that I make. Most of her recipes just don't jive with the way we eat.
    Jen, mom to my silly monkey, 10/06

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I don't think I've ever tried a recipe, oddly enough. I don't eat (rarely cook) beef or dairy so that eliminate a lot. Plus, I'm so not in the stage of life to cook long or complicated recipes, lol!
    K

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have tried a few of her recipes. The consensus between DH and I is that her recipes are all right, but she's no Ina Garten. We will try any Ina recipe and many of them are long-time favorites (such as her lasagne, roast chicken, cherry tomato salad, sundried tomato dip, gougeres, rosemary twists). They work every time and generally do not require tons of time to yield a great and consistent result.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Ms B View Post
    We have tried a few of her recipes. The consensus between DH and I is that her recipes are all right, but she's no Ina Garten. We will try any Ina recipe and many of them are long-time favorites (such as her lasagne, roast chicken, cherry tomato salad, sundried tomato dip, gougeres, rosemary twists). They work every time and generally do not require tons of time to yield a great and consistent result.
    You make me want to try more Ina Garten recipes (I've only tried a couple). Does she have a website, or is she just part of the food network website?

Ms B is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    You make me want to try more Ina Garten recipes (I've only tried a couple). Does she have a website, or is she just part of the food network website?
    She has a blog and site at www.barefootcontessa.com, but sometimes it is just easier to search on Food Network.
    DS - "The Biscuit" 8/11
    Forever ours 4/12!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast