Default convertible that fits 2014 Honda Accord well for ERF

Looking for a carseat that fits well in a 2014 Honda Accord. My son is 22 months, wears a 2T, around 35-36" tall, not sure of weight but somewhere around 28-30 pounds. I want to RF until age 4. I also want to have this seat last FF in a 5 point harness until ready for a high back booster. Looking at the Diono Pacifica. Will this fit well? What else should I consider? Assuming that in a 2014 model that it is not okay for carseat to touch back of driver seat. Please correct me if I am wrong there. Thanks!

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Diono should fit fine with the angle adjuster and last you plenty long - my kids made it well into 5T shirts and my 6 year old barely still fits in it. Diono is still my favorite for rfing older kids because it's so easy to get them in and it's so much leg room. I also like have the cushion of 45-50lbs because my kids tend to hang out in the upper 30s for a while and I don't want to have to think about whether snow boots, etc are putting them over the weight limit.

Simon is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

We love our Diono and it would probably be my first choice for a seat you plan to use that long. I find the lower profile is great with my bigger kids.
    Ds1 (2006). Ds2 (2010). Ds3 (2012).