Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Making Smoothies (equipment)

DS1 has requested to start making smoothies for his breakfast. I am totally fine with this, however, I usually make them in the regular size blender. I'd rather get one of those personal blender type things for him to use.
    Recommendations?
    Alaina
    DS1 12 , DS2 7.5 and DS3 5

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I've had an older version of this Ninja Pulse for over a year and like it http://www.target.com/p/ninja-kitche...1_9&term=ninja.

I got it on a special sale at Target.com. Mine came with three individual cups and the larger pitcher. I normally use the individual cups (one for myself and the girls split one as it takes them forever to drink a smoothie!). I like that it has the larger pitcher if I want to make smoothies for all of us, or salsa or something else. Though the large pitcher is not as big as on my old blender, so I do kinda miss that larger size when pureeing cooked apples to make applesauce.

What do you put into the smoothies? The Ninja does a much better (and faster) job with ice and frozen fruit than my old Oster blender ever did. It took a while to get used to the pulse technology (there are no speeds, you just push down on the container and it blends, so keep pushing in quick pulses and you're done), but its super easy to use once you get used to that. The blades are super sharp though, so that would be my only concern with a kid using it.

I recommend Ninja blenders as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS (02/15)
    UPPAbaby Mesa 2015
    Now Clek Foonf 2016

HonoluluMom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I use a hand immersion blender. I got it at Costco and think it's a Cuisinart.

We've had the oster for a couple of years and use it daily.

LOVE LOVE LOVE the NutriBullet. Does an excellent job and there are two sizes of containers that fit. The small would be perfect for a breakfast smoothie.
    Karen
    -----------
    Mom to 2 hockey-playing, Lego-loving boys DS1 2003 & DS2 2005

azzeps is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have a Nutribullet and it's great. I use the two small cups for the kids and the big one for me. It works really well.
    DD - 3/2008
    DS - 7/2011

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

For DS1, I think the Nutribullet might be safer and easier to use. I would not want DC to have to handle any blenders that involve handling and removing of the sharp blades.
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

For personal size, I just do the mason jar trick, screwing it to the blade base and using it in place of the big jar.

Quote Originally Posted by HonoluluMom View Post
    I use a hand immersion blender. I got it at Costco and think it's a Cuisinart.
    How do you use an immersion blender? What do you use for the container? I have a regular blender, but I haven't used it in a million years. I use my immersion blender for soups all the time. Mine's fairly large, though. I can't imagine it fitting in a cup. I also don't know if it could handle frozen items. Could you tell me more?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast