Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Favorite night cream?

I need to get some more night cream. I am turning 35 next week and guess I need to start paying more attention to the skin care products I use! My skin is oily in the t-zone and I still get acne. Go figure, I did not have a problem with acne during puberty but it came on strong once I was in college (I'm guessing due to poor college diet and added stress), tapered off during pregnancies, and now is back with a vengence Should probably start using something to counteract wrinkles too. Any recs for something not too pricey? I need to place an order for a present for DD1 from yoyo.com, so if I can find it at soap.com and add it to my order to get free shipping, bonus!

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Don't know that it's the best, but I use: http://www.soap.com/p/olay-regeneris...ry-cream-59603 However, I haven't had acne issues since before DD2 was born.

Before that, I used the Neutrogena Anti-wrinkle anti-blemish moisturizer:http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Hea...kle+neutrogena but I don't see that one on soap.com, and it's not specifically a night cream, more a daytime moisturizer.
    Last edited by klwa; 08-28-2014 at 10:18 AM.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

I would recommend checking out the Paula's choice website. I know a BBB member here commented a few weeks ago that her moisturizers seem "dry"--meaning it takes a lot of it to seem moisturized.

I use a PC regimen--face wash, toner, exfoliant, antioxidant, vitamin c booster. I find that the "wetness" of my previous steps helps spread the moisturizer better and you don't need as much of it vs using the moisturizer on dry skin. I'm not saying that you need ALL of the previous steps, but at least one of the prior steps would help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DS1: 3/09
    DS2: 2/11
    DS3: 3/13

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Favorite night cream?

I just tried clinique turnaround cream again, and my face is loving it right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I've always been a fan of Cerave PM. It's like, leaves skin soft and smooth, and inexpensive. I'm currently loving Babor Skinovage Intense Revitalizing Cream, which I discovered at a spa in Canada. It's spend ($80) but a little goes a very long way. I'm 39 which combo skin and I don't find it oily, heavy, or to cause breakouts.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

MaiseyDog is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by klwa View Post
    Before that, I used the Neutrogena Anti-wrinkle anti-blemish moisturizer:http://www.amazon.com/Neutrogena-Hea...kle+neutrogena but I don't see that one on soap.com, and it's not specifically a night cream, more a daytime moisturizer.
    I used this in the past as well and really liked it, but as far as I can tell, they don't make it anymore. I bought it at Ulta and they no longer carry it and the Neurtogena website doesn't list it any more

I've been using http://www.amazon.com/Skinceuticals-...=skinceuticals and really like it. It hasn't caused any acne flairs so I'm happy.
    Last edited by MaiseyDog; 08-28-2014 at 04:59 PM.
    Margaret

DD1- 2/14/05
    DD2- 9/24/07

theriviera is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MaiseyDog View Post
    I used this in the past as well and really liked it, but as far as I can tell, they don't make it anymore. I bought it at Ulta and they no longer carry it and the Neurtogena website doesn't list it any more

I've been using http://www.amazon.com/Skinceuticals-...=skinceuticals and really like it. It hasn't caused any acne flairs so I'm happy.
    did you try drugstore.com? they often have products that have been discontinued. this is definitely a night product though. no spf and retinol + sal acid. make sure you wear spf during the day.
    Mama to 3 awesome kids

I use Trader Joe's Jojoba Oil, let it soak in, and then use this, http://www.vitacost.com/mychelle-der...am-1-2-fl-oz-1

We live in a very dry climate, and I've been using this for a month or so. Before trying this, I had been using Kiehl's oil and night cream. They were nice, but this combo is amazing! I am almost 50, and in the last week, I've had 3 women ask me what I use for a moisturizer, as my skin looks so creamy, and soft. It's really helped with the fine lines around my eyes, as well!

hwin708 is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Retinol. Retinol retinol retinol. If you are trying to truly reverse some of the wrinkling already occurring, plus prevent more, you nee a product with retinol. It should also help immensely with your acne.

There are several over the counter options, but for real results, you should try for prescription strength. A dermatologist visit should be covered by your insurance, an a tube of Rx cream RetinA can last a loooong time. Expense varies a lot based on manufacturer though. As an FYI, if you ever travel abroad, including Mexico, or have a friend who does, it is easily available without a Rx overseas, and much MUCH cheaper than the US.

mom2khj is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

http://www.paulaschoice.com/shop/col...Skin-Hydrator/

I have similar skin and this is one of the few that doesn't break me out. I loved the Neutrogena one posted above, in college, but gave up once it seemed like it wasn't made anymore. I sometimes also use on of PC's serums at night on top of this.
    mom to DD1 (17), DD2 (14) and DS (9)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast