army_mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Default best price on almond and coconut flour

I have been moving towards baking with almond flour and coconut flour and wondering where is the best place to purchase them since it is quite pricey. I have only bought small packages so far in an effort to test it out but want to look around and get stocked up for holiday baking. Also, what brands are best for these? It will probably need to be an online place since we are very limited without driving 1hr+ and I don't think there is even a WF or TJ for over 2 hours.
    Thanks for any tips!
    Roo (12/08)
    Bear (7/15)
    (10/16)

mikala is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I haven't price comparison shopped in awhile but I've been happy with Honeyville almond flour from Amazon and Bob’s red mill coconut flour. It seems to take us awhile to go through coconut flour so I just buy it at the grocery.

Honeyville is the best. I buy a 5 lb. bag 2x year. Last time I bought was in July for $41 and that was a good bit higher ($10 maybe) than what I paid in the past, but price has been consistent on amazon. [eta: I was wrong about current price is $40.]

Last coconut I used was coconut secret which is currently $7.66 on amazon and less than what I paid for it in December. A little goes a long way so a small amount lasts me forever. I never get a chance to experiment with different brands of CF the way I have erythritol or almond flour.
    Last edited by specialp; 08-31-2014 at 03:16 PM.

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Coconut flour I get on Amazon subscribe and save.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Definitely Honeyville for the almond flour. I bought one bag and it lasted forever. If you sign up for their emails there's constant 10% and 15% off coupons.
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

army_mom is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks! I will sign up for those emails right now
    Roo (12/08)
    Bear (7/15)
    (10/16)

bcafe is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I saw Honeyville almond flour at Costco. It was a 3# bag for $18.

Used to order from Honeyville, but now buy Honeyville almond flour at Costco.

brittone2 is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Honeyville runs discounts a few times a year. If you have someone else to order with, it can be a decent deal, but the shipping is an issue if you aren't ordering in a larger bulk amount. Otherwise, Costco.

I order coconut flour on amazon. I like Coconut Secret. One weird thing with coconut flour is that different brands behave differently because they may soak up more moisture or less moisture. Some of the blogs I use for recipes use Coconut Secret, so I use that if I don't want to have to play around with the specified amount of liquid in a recipe. When using a different brand than the recipe you are following, you may have to eyeball and adjust the liquid amount IME.
    Mama to DS-2004
    DD-2006
    and a new addition-ds born march 2010