Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Some techs are absolutely adamant that checking a seat is akin to a crash. Or is like 'not knowing the history', because who knows how far it got dropped to the tarmac off the conveyor belt. I'm personally more relaxed and have taken some heat for being so relaxed. But I have never been presented with credible evidence that a checked seat offers reduced crash protection
    Lost, filthy, and dismantled (the current Baby Trend models that have to be snapped together come to mind, but it was the older model Airway I remember seeing destroyed) seats are a problem, though. If you get to your destination and your baggage got lost (literally happens 10% of the time in my cruddy airport...), the loaner seats from the airlines are absolutely atrocious (they have, like, really cheapo infant seats and cosco highback boosters of varying age and states of grungy). Plus, theoretically you are supposed to use the seat on the plane (air travel is so safe, I don't stress about that too much...the couple times I've brought seats on planes have been absolutely nightmares for my kids and anyone in earshot, so much for trying to be a good example!).
    I'm a proponent of gate checking in a bag, you are more assured that it won't get lost or get crushed under all the other luggage (despite the airline forgetting to put my stroller on once, man, that was one long hike at my destination with a baby and a toddler!)
    Last edited by Joolsplus2; 09-05-2014 at 05:00 PM.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2