Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    saleenl is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Not to thread hijack, but...

Jools, I almost ordered the Solana (my DS will be 9 in less than a month) but settled for an Oobr and Turboboosters for infrequent and very short trips. Does that seem like an ok solution? I am still trying to get used to a low back booster (he just switched a few months ago!).

Thanks!
    Sarah
    Boober (10/05) and JuJuBe (5/09)

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Does anyone know where you can currently buy the Cambria (it's not showing in stock at Amazon and I bet they're fulfilling all the preorders first). Are any B&M stores supposed to have it?

I need 2!!

eta: I just checked Diono's FB page to scroll through posts - someone got their Cambria and posted pics, noting poor quality (look for the pics posted by Tracy Walton) - crooked label, crooked stitching, and dirty. Yikes. For those who got shipping notices, please update with what you think about the quality of the seat when you receive it! Photos if you can I'm looking at getting the Raspberry...

The stitching I could let slide - it doesn't seem overly out of the norm though I do think my Radians look better than that! The dirty is unacceptable.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 09-06-2014 at 03:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Does anyone know where you can currently buy the Cambria (it's not showing in stock at Amazon and I bet they're fulfilling all the preorders first). Are any B&M stores supposed to have it?

I need 2!!

eta: I just checked Diono's FB page to scroll through posts - someone got their Cambria and posted pics, noting poor quality (look for the pics posted by Tracy Walton) - crooked label, crooked stitching, and dirty. Yikes. For those who got shipping notices, please update with what you think about the quality of the seat when you receive it! Photos if you can I'm looking at getting the Raspberry...

The stitching I could let slide - it doesn't seem overly out of the norm though I do think my Radians look better than that! The dirty is unacceptable.
    It's hard to tell from the photos whether the label is really crooked or if the lines on the fabric aren't straight. The dirty looks like packaging schmutz--maybe not ideal but not unheard or either. I wonder if it came in a bag? Or maybe she put her own hand there and got it a bit dirty. I guess I wasn't convinced by this woman's pictorial complaints. I'll wait for reviews from here and c-s.org.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

saleenl is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

I will post more tomorrow but I am not particularly impressed when compared to the Turbobooster and Parkway SGL. It seems really big and the cover, while removable and washable, could use more attachments (like at the top) to not bunch up. The turbo is much cheaper, narrower (good or bad, depending upon your needs) and not much less padded. The Parkway seems just as protective but sturdier and maybe smaller. Will post comparison pics tomorrow because the Cambria arrived just before dinner. If you have questions -- ask!

-s
    Boober (10/05) and JuJuBe (5/09)

Quote Originally Posted by saleenl View Post
    I will post more tomorrow but I am not particularly impressed when compared to the Turbobooster and Parkway SGL. It seems really big and the cover, while removable and washable, could use more attachments (like at the top) to not bunch up. The turbo is much cheaper, narrower (good or bad, depending upon your needs) and not much less padded. The Parkway seems just as protective but sturdier and maybe smaller. Will post comparison pics tomorrow because the Cambria arrived just before dinner. If you have questions -- ask!

-s
    Oooh, thanks for this!! Looking forward to your pics I'm starting to think I might want to get the Recaro Performance booster after these slightly disappointing updates but just wish it converted to a backless for future carpools...

Quote Originally Posted by twowhat? View Post
    Oooh, thanks for this!! Looking forward to your pics I'm starting to think I might want to get the Recaro Performance booster after these slightly disappointing updates but just wish it converted to a backless for future carpools...
    We have the Recaro performance booster. Have been using it since mid-May when I realized the Cambria was back ordered. My son is happy riding in it, says it is comfy. The main issue (if this matters to you) is that due to how it sits in our Odyssey he can unbuckle but can't actually buckle himself.

Quote Originally Posted by curiousgeorge View Post
    We have the Recaro performance booster. Have been using it since mid-May when I realized the Cambria was back ordered. My son is happy riding in it, says it is comfy. The main issue (if this matters to you) is that due to how it sits in our Odyssey he can unbuckle but can't actually buckle himself.
    OK, thanks for this feedback - that rules out the Recaro for us We have an Odyssey too but the boosters would start out in our secondary car (Subaru Forester) until they outgrow their harnessed seats in our Odyssey. The Subaru is MUCH smaller - now I'm thinking the Recaro may actually not even fit on the seats!!

Can you comment on the Cambria fit in the Odyssey, whether it sits well with the vehicle headrest in place? I know that's truly more important than how sturdy the seat feels, if the stitching is crooked, etc. I'd go with a Parkway but the seat looks SO shallow in depth to me and my girls are used to the nice deep seat on their Radians.
    Last edited by twowhat?; 09-09-2014 at 11:26 AM.

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

FWIW, my just 6 yo uses the recaro in both my mazda5 (captain's chairs and back row, which is wide, very flat seats) and in DH's sentra with no problems buckling and unbuckling. It is wide though.

Diono also announced at the ABC show that the Monterey will be coming back too.

I got tired of waiting for the cambria a few months ago and bought a Graco Affix and DD1 has been very happy with it. She was riding in a Radian before that. For reference, she is 5.5, 42 pounds and 90th percentile for height. Glad we didn't wait. And I bought the Affix on sale for about 60ish.

I ordered one in April and it arrived today. One label application is laughably crooked, and some stitching is sloppy. I have to believe the delay is due to quality issues, and this is the best they could do, ultimately. Hopefully they have found a new manufacturer to work with, a quick search shows me they are operating as a relatively small company, not a huge conglomerate. I gotta root for that, what are cosmetic issues ultimately anyway. The seat seems comfy and great otherwise, though I am no expert like some in this forum. I haven't installed it yet, it arrived at dinnertime.

I haven't participated here in years, but still use this forum for information, so I hope this gives back in a small, layperson's first impressions review, sort of way.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast