KrystalS is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Need easy to install convertible

I need a convertible seat for my 9 month old nephew. He hates his Keyfit. I need a seat that is easy to move and reinstall because my sister frequently moves his seat into friends cars and to my moms car. I would like something that takes up the least amount of room rear facing because she's already eager to turn forward facing so I need something that will help prevent this past age 1. She doesn't like the rear facing because it takes up so much space in cars. She's young, hard to make her understand.
    He is sometimes in cars that don't have latch so an easy seatbelt install is important.
    -Krystal

DD 2/04
    DS 10/5/10

Graco My Size 65 is nice and light and has push-on LATCH connectors plus a pretty easy belt path, and doesn't take up much front to back space, I'd probably lean towards that. It has a cheaper cousin, the Contender, that doesn't have two sets of LATCH and has only a flip foot for recline. Evenflo Symphony is also a decent choice, but a little heavier and generally comes set up for Forward facing installs (what is Evenflo thinking? I can't tell you how many I get returned to BRU because people can't figure out how to route them for Rearfacing...sigh...)
    Britaxes are compact and easy to install, and the Evenflo SureRide is light but kind of bulky but easy to get in RF because it has a kickstand to make it install solidly.
    Anyway, hope that helps, good luck with the RF'ing! (PS, if she hasn't already, take out the butt and head padding in the Key Fit, it might make things a little more airy and comfy...if she has, well, some kids just hate buckets in general...)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#