Thread: New Britax

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default New Britax

Does anyone know if they are going to have any more leg room than the G3/G4s? Everything sounds great about them, but I am worried the seat hasn't changed.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

That's the one thing I scoured carseatblog for and didn't see. Well, combed over, I didn't really scour, but I didn't see it as I scrolled through the pics. We have a couple that got shipped to my store on Tuesday, but they are waiting for a splashy display, and I didn't get a chance to rip into one with my tape measure and find out (yes, I'm disappointed, I LOVE getting my hands on new seats. <weep>).

I'll sneak a peek this weekend and get back with a report ASAP.

PS, I don't even see it on the BRU site yet. It was on the floor ready to go onto a shelf this morning and I asked my supervisor what the heck she's doing, that's totally going to be a display, they don't fedex us regular seats EVER. My supervisor is..... not interested in doing a good job, to put it nicely .
    Last edited by Joolsplus2; 09-05-2014 at 05:19 PM.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Whew, sorry that took so long. The news isn't good... I stretched a tape measure from the seat bight to around the front of the seat pan and got about 12". It seemed roughly half to an inch longer than the G4, the same as the MySize65, and the same as the Complete Air 65. Evenflo Symphonies were more like 13", as were NextFits, and the legroom champion on the BRU sales floor is the big Safety 1st Elite things at 15".
    At least there's not LESS legroom, eh? Also, the seat has pretty low sides, should make it comfy for older kiddos to criss and cross as necessary to be comfy.
    LOVE the seat, it's really so cool...smooth and space-capsule-ish. Can't wait to install it! (We just got a 'new' girl, she's my age and has 8 kids ranging from 21-4, the first thing she asked was how the click tight works with a lapbelt with a manual locking mechanism, I was impressed! And don't know the answer, lol, I showed the picture of how they say to install it, and she said, "oh, you know people always can mess things up, they'll get THAT wrong!" So true, so true.)
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    Whew, sorry that took so long. The news isn't good... I stretched a tape measure from the seat bight to around the front of the seat pan and got about 12". It seemed roughly half to an inch longer than the G4, the same as the MySize65, and the same as the Complete Air 65. Evenflo Symphonies were more like 13", as were NextFits, and the legroom champion on the BRU sales floor is the big Safety 1st Elite things at 15".
    At least there's not LESS legroom, eh? Also, the seat has pretty low sides, should make it comfy for older kiddos to criss and cross as necessary to be comfy.
    LOVE the seat, it's really so cool...smooth and space-capsule-ish. Can't wait to install it! (We just got a 'new' girl, she's my age and has 8 kids ranging from 21-4, the first thing she asked was how the click tight works with a lapbelt with a manual locking mechanism, I was impressed! And don't know the answer, lol, I showed the picture of how they say to install it, and she said, "oh, you know people always can mess things up, they'll get THAT wrong!" So true, so true.)
    Thanks so much!
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014