brianaw is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Default Craigslist find- 2012 Versa (new in box) $140 - Buy?

I'm having baby #4 at the end of the year and LOVE of my Baby Jogger City Mini Double, but my #3 is three years old and in preschool so the double isn't really needed anymore. I also have a Micro Mini, but for an infant isn't the best stroller. I've tried tons of strollers and love the Baby Jogger... so I'm thinking the Versa with GT tires will be great. I can take it to the baseball fields and football games, walk around beach and trails, and enjoy an outing at Target.

I saw that they've been as cheap as $205 on Zuilly (I missed the deal), and I could wait until later to buy... but saw this posted on Craigslist and thought it sounded like a pretty good deal. It's an unopened box, it is dated 2012 10.5 on the box, all lack, and selling for $140.

If you wanted a Versa, would you swoop this up or take your time and wait?
    Mommy to 3 krazy kids
    Blogger to www.growingoranges.com

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

swoop it up! i bought an open box/returned versa on amazon for $250 for baby # 4 and we have LOVED it. so nice to have the easy full recline, parent facing, awesome push, pretty good sunshade. my 3 y/o often catches a ride on the front axel (when baby is RF and not reclined. oh and teh basket is great.

i have been happy with my combo of running stroller + umbrella stroller (and then P&T double) for 3 kiddos, but i'm so glad i went for a more full featured option this time around. i'm actuall not sure if mine is 2012 or 2013, its green. that seems like a great deal.

eta: i'd take the $140 stroller and then use the extra money to buy the GT tires, britax bassinet and maybe the rumble seat, if your 3 y/o rides a lot.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

That's exactly what I'm thinking. There is a Britax bassinet for $50 on craigslist, I'm hoping the GT tires work for the 2012, and what rumble seat works?

I love Craigslist. Picking it up today.
    Mommy to 3 krazy kids

abh5e8 is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

the uppa baby vista rumble seat. snaps right onto the frame. http://forums.thebump.com/discussion...s-a-double-pip

eta: we loved using the bassinet for the first 4-5 months. i used it as dd's sleeping space on our main floor (bedrooms are upstairs) and also when out and about. make sure you order the britax car seat adaptors, that is what the bassinet snaps onto.
    loving my dh and our littles (dd ~ 11 yrs, ds ~ 9 yrs, ds ~ 7 yrs, dd ~ 5 yrs and baby brother ~ 20 mo)

I bought it! It's perfect. Was brand new in box and says (the sticker on box) it was bought Aug 2014 from an online reputable baby store.

Now I'm in search of:

Wheelie board
    Rumble seat
    Britax Bassinet (with attachments- I currently have a Graco I any carseat but considering buying a Britax to make it easier)
    GT tires

A excited. Here are some pics:image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
    Mommy to 3 krazy kids

KDsMommy is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Nice! I'm getting a 2013 silver Versa soon and I'm so excited!
    Christie
    DS '07
    DSS '09
    DSS '12
    DD1 9/21/14