Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    gogok is offline Copper level (50+ posts)

I have been searching hi & lo for a non stick pan, but I am concerned about safety issue related to non stick surface.

I have a friend who is a chef and he mentioned to me that he seasoned stainless steel pans to make them non stick and it works way better and healthier than traditional non stick. He didn't provide all the details so I just did a search and found the following:
    http://wholelifestylenutrition.com/v...stick-surface/

He did tell me that this process will leave a yellowish coat on the stainless steel pan but when asked how to clean it afterwards he is clueless as he doesn't have to clean the pan (as a chef.)

Anyhow, I also came across this pan (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...=ATVPDKIKX0DER) many years ago when searching for a safe pan but now the review is mix. Anyone has this?

While the T-Fal pan sounds promising, I couldn't find any indication that it is PTFE-free. Do you know if it is? I know All-Clad is but it is 3x more expensive.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just got "green" pan set from Costco and loving it so far. My Scanpan (which I also loved) developed a scratch.

We have two All Clad LTD nonstick skillets (9 and 12 inches) that we got for our wedding 12 years ago. We use them almost everyday and they are still going strong. I didn't know there's a lifetime warranty; thanks to the poster(s) who said that.
    Mommy to DS 2007

MomtoNico is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks everyone. I ordered a t-fal from kohls. Not the exact one mentioned. But has good reviews. Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2