legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default 3 across in 2010 corolla

So we just got a 2010 corolla - anyone have any guesses which of these combos of seats are mostly likely to fit 3 across? I need 1 rf (2 yo), 1 ff harness (4 yo) and 1 ff harness or booster (6 yo). Seats are radian (almost certainly use this one for 2 yo), 2 frontier 85, 1 frontier 90, 1 recaro performance sport, 1 recaro performance booster (prefer not to use this because it's best for my mazda5 3rd row and it's pretty wide anyway), and 1 peg convertible. I'm happy to buy another seat (preferably combo or booster). Driver's seat needs to be all the way back. Or am I stuck buying 2 more seats or using the ride safer vest (have this one too) no matter what? Short around town trips only, 6 yo does not sleep in the car.

I really do not want to buy from walmart, if at all possible.

Maybe Radian RF behind passenger with angle adjuster, Cosco Top Side center (is there shoulderbelt and head support?), Performance sport behind driver?
    Top Side is narrower than the Harmony, available at target and amazon, about 14$
    If there's inadequate head support for the middle with a booster, maybe the ridesafer... or... maybe performance in the middle and booster outboard?
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Thanks jools! Unfortunately we don't have any headrests (on junkyard search for replacements, I have no idea why it doesn't have any because we got it used). Amazingly enough, with the angle adjuster the radian fits middle with front seat all the way back and frontier 90 fits outboard - they puzzle perfectly! I'm pretty sure I could do another frontier 90 too on the other side. The seatbelts are those weird toyota quasi-overlapping ones anyway so I'm not sure I can do a booster at all, I'm quite certain he couldn't buckle it on his own but he could probably crawl under the prebuckled seatbelt - are there any narrow boosters that would . Given that my boys are tall, if I can't get the performance sport in, I think I'll just get another frontier 90 since it looks like we'll have harnessed seats in here for a long long time.

Try Ebay for the headrests, maybe?
    Yeah, though, another Frontier might be the best option, and just harness for.ever.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

I have my FIL on the hunt for the headrests since he loves this kind of thing, though at this rate we won't need them for years, it would be nice to be able to put an adult in the back. My 6 yo is dying to booster - I had him in one last month because he was still flailing around a lot so he's back in the frontier for now, and I certainly wouldn't mind harnessing for ever!

Every time I have to do 3 across it makes me love my mazda5 more!