liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default DHS- favorite restaurants/food? Fantasmic dinner?

We are planning on one day at DHS. What are your favorite restaurants, sit down or quick serve? Also, we are thinking of booking a Fantasmic dinner package but having a tough time finding a reservation. Is it worth it?

We like the 50's diner (can't remember the name), not for the food, but for the kitsch factor.

I wouldn't bother doing the package for Fantasmic. We never have. We just show up early. Last year we were seated in the wheelchair accessible seating all the way at the top of the stadium, and we could see just fine, so I don't think there are any really bad seats.

KrisM is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

We really liked Sci Fi restaurant for lunch. You sit in cars and watch old sci fi movies. It's darkened a bit and amazingly quiet! it was a great break and we liked the food as well.
    Kris

DHS is our least favorite park for dining. It's just...ehh. The one thing that did stick out during one of our trips was the 50's Prime Time Café (I think that was the name). It's got diner-type food and the waitresses act like your mom and remind you to take your elbows off the table and clean your plate and just make it fun. If you don't like interacting, it probably isn't the place for you, but we had fun.

The Sci-fi diner was ok, but when Dh and I went years ago, we thought it was crazy expensive for what it was (more so than all the other crazy expensive places there! )
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

we went to the homestyle 50s place too. we all enjoyed it! i thought that DD's meal was a step above what she was getting other places (she had salmon). our waitress wasn't too campy, so that was good for our introverted crowd

hellokitty is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

We do starring rolls for quick service for lunch. However, when they run out, they run out. They have sushi and sandwich lunches. The cupcakes are awesome. I had the Butterfinger cupcake.
    Mom to 3 LEGO Maniacs

Do your kids like Disney jr? If so the Hollywood and vine jake and Sophia are there
    DD1 01/10
    DD2 04/12