♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default progress with Fitbit (or similar)

I know many here like me have gotten a Fitbit or similar recently...thought we could have a thread posting our progress!

For me, I got the Fitbit Flex about 4 months ago. Since having it I've gone from averaging 6-7k steps per day to between 10-11k steps per day (which is A LOT for me..i have a desk job, spend an hour in the car every day, live in TX where we must drive everywhere, and of course the summer heat doesn't help). I cannot stress enough how much of a conscious effort I have to make to get 10k steps..i park far away, take several flights of stairs during the work day.

As for weight, up until 3 weeks ago, I had been maintaining a 4 lb loss, but then recently I got AF twice (2 weeks apart, WTF) so as of the moment I am UP one pound above my original weight. My clothes were fitting better, but now with AF I am so bloated I back up to where I was before (Grr!!!). However, according to my Fitbit Aria scale (I weigh myself every morning, first thing), since I started i have lost 3.3 lbs of fat and have steadily gone from 27.8% body fat to 25.0% fat...so that must be SOME progress and the extra weight/pants not fitting recently MUST be water weight (right???). I hope that part is accurate...

I got mine at Easter. Had anywhere from 8k-10k days. Now average just under 15K on weekly avg report. (15600 today) and 40ish stairs. Sooo mad at myself that I left it at home when we went on a long weekend vacation with tons of walking. I wasn't into losing weight so I haven't monitored that, but know all my summer shorts I bought from back in the spring are a bit too big so I think I have slimmed down a tiny bit.

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by specialp View Post
    I got mine at Easter. Had anywhere from 8k-10k days. Now average just under 15K on weekly avg report. (15600 today) and 40ish stairs. Sooo mad at myself that I left it at home when we went on a long weekend vacation with tons of walking. I wasn't into losing weight so I haven't monitored that, but know all my summer shorts I bought from back in the spring are a bit too big so I think I have slimmed down a tiny bit.
    oh wow, 15k...that is awesome!! mine doesn't track elevation (sometimes i wish it did..i take multiple flights of stairs eveyr day at work!)

and i know what you mean about getting so mad when you do exercise and it doesn't count it. one time the battery died while we were out at a museum with the kids, so i had like 4 hours where it logged absolutely nothing..was so mad to see my average drop and fall behind in the rankings... i was like pacing at home afterwards to try to make it up, to at least get to 10k for that day. Sometimes it's late at night and i'm pacing here and there..then i realize it's past midnight already so i am like "NooooOOoo i didn't make it!" lol. Ah, the silly things we do...

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I got mine for my birthday at the beginning of Sept. Its interesting to see my step count and how it varies between weekdays (when I walk the girls to/from the bus, go out and do most of my errands, etc.) and the weekends (much less movement). I thought making the 10,000 steps was actually pretty easy the first few days I had it, but that was when I was getting a lot of steps in on the bus walk. Then my weekend numbers were much lower (I think one Sunday I only had 4,000 as I was in church all morning, then took a nap in the afternoon because I had a headache.)

I haven't done food tracking yet. Not really looking to lose weight, just become more active. I can definately see that I need to increase my level of more intense movement in my lack of very active minutes. Oh, I was very interested in the sleep tracking at first, as it seems I toss and turn a lot at night, but it shows my sleep efficiency in the high 90's always.

I don't know anyone else IRL with a Fitbit (and am not on facebook), so I don't have many friends yet. Anyone want to link up for some friendly competition?