Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Boxtops.

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Boxtops.

I have basically ignored them for four years. Now I'm on the PTO and it's really bad form for me to NOT collect boxtops. As it happens, a friend whose kids are out of school had been saving boxtops for a while and gave them to me -- like 200 of them. We have contests at school monthly, and I'm really expected to do this now. Ooookie. So, I went to trim them, which is a big job cuz, remember, there's a ton, and I notice they're expired. Dumb question, but can I still send them in, and will they count? Is it like BB&B where the expired coupon is really forever and still usable? Or is it truly expired and don't bother?
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Nope, expired boxtops are not accepted.

http://www.boxtops4education.com/faqs

Ann

Fairy is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Crap. .........
    * Charter member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society
    * I do not fix my typos. I shuold, but I dodn't.
    * I regret tucking my jeans into my socks with Reebok high-tops well into 1994.

Momit is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Crap. .........
    The same thing happened to me! I bought a bunch of Ziploc bags at Costco, and they have lasted years. I just went to snip the box tops and they are expired. I guess you just have to cut them off right away and then leave the boxes in your cabinets with big holes in them.
    DS age 9

ckso is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Pennylane View Post
    Nope, expired boxtops are not accepted.

http://www.boxtops4education.com/faqs

Ann
    Just a thought but it might be worth calling them to confirm whether they'll accept them or not. Their official written policy has to say that expired is not accepted for liability reasons and gives them the right to reject abuse or if they cancel the program. Just like BB&B coupons officially have expiration dates on them like you said but they're technically good

Just a thought.

vonfirmath is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I have basically ignored them for four years. Now I'm on the PTO and it's really bad form for me to NOT collect boxtops. As it happens, a friend whose kids are out of school had been saving boxtops for a while and gave them to me -- like 200 of them. We have contests at school monthly, and I'm really expected to do this now. Ooookie. So, I went to trim them, which is a big job cuz, remember, there's a ton, and I notice they're expired. Dumb question, but can I still send them in, and will they count? Is it like BB&B where the expired coupon is really forever and still usable? Or is it truly expired and don't bother?
    Expired boxtops don't help.

They make a big deal every year to check your boxtops before turning them in with our PTO.
    Married 3/04
    DS 8/07
    DD born 8/11

kdeunc is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Expired don't count. They will revise your total and send you an email letting you know how many were not accepted.
    Kelly

DS 1 12-02
    DS 2 12-04
    DD 07-08

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Is there any list of items that have boxtops? It seems like every time I check something, it doesn't have a boxtop. I get a lot of our snacks and cereal from Costco, so they are bigger boxes. Maybe that's why I almost never get boxtops?

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by elbenn View Post
    Is there any list of items that have boxtops? It seems like every time I check something, it doesn't have a boxtop. I get a lot of our snacks and cereal from Costco, so they are bigger boxes. Maybe that's why I almost never get boxtops?
    Their current list, but keep in mind, it changes regularly:
    http://www.boxtopsforeducation.info/...oduct_list.pdf
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

Honestly, boxtops seem like such a waste. My time is worth more than that. I would just donate an extra $5-10 - that's worth 50-100 boxtops! I think over a full year I collect about 15 and it's just such a low return to clip, save, remember to turn in...
    Sweetie Pies, DS 9/2004 & DS 4/2008

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast