Thread: Napa with kids?

Default Napa with kids?

We are following DH on a work trip to Napa. I know its not exactly a kid friendly area but I'm hoping to find some fun places to take them while DH is busy. Last year he had a training in Santa Rosa for two weeks so we spent a lot of time in that area but didn't make it to Napa. I try to find museums, play area, cute downtowns and fun restaurants to visit but I'm not having much luck googling kid places in Napa. Ideas? Thanks!

Pilotbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The Jelly Belly Factory is in Vacaville about 20- 25 minutes away. There are also outlets there if you need to do some shopping. There is a little section of shops with an old fashioned ice cream/ burger place and I believe there is a little train ride there as well. I can't think of the name of the section at the moment.

The Nut Tree? Thanks we did them both on our last trip but I'm sure they would be happy to see both again!

Reader is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

What about Train Town?
    http://www.traintown.com/

Vallejo Ferry to SF? Vallejo ferry is about 15 miles from Napa
    http://sanfranciscobayferry.com/vallejo/

Unfortunately Train Town is closed during the week in the Fall so we missed it last year and will miss it again this year because we are leaving on a Monday and coming back on a Friday. We did the Ferry last year and it was great!

Anything to do closer to Napa or more that direction? I'm not having much luck finding anything.

Any recommendations for fun pit stops while heading that way?