khalloc is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Help with Lands End Kids outerwear

I am looking for jackets for my 2 kids to wear when a fleece is not warm enough, but a winter jacket is too warm...KWIM? Kids wear LL Bean winter jackets with thinsulate in the winter. But those jackets are too warm on cold October/November days when its going to be say mid 30's or low 40's. But their LL Bean Fleece zip up coats aren't warm enough. I'd like something with more of a shell ( not that is has to be 2 pieces, just a shell that is more rain-repellent, not waterproof). We are in Northern Vermont, about 45 min south of Quebec. Is the Stormer Jacket good? Or will that be too warm?

Basically I am looking for something between a fleece and a winter coat. Something to be worn with temps are in the 30's.

I am also debating just an LL Bean Puff-n-Stuff jacket.
    Last edited by khalloc; 09-19-2014 at 01:12 PM.
    DD 11/2005
    DS 4/2008

Neatfreak is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

You might be interested in a jacket with PrimaLoft - they're quite light. I bought one from the "Warmest" line at the Gap for one of my kids last fall/winter. She was comfortable in it for temperatures around what you've written as well as many degrees below freezing.
    ~ Laura

One in 2004 and the other one in 2008

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by khalloc View Post
    I am looking for jackets for my 2 kids to wear when a fleece is not warm enough, but a winter jacket is too warm...KWIM? Kids wear LL Bean winter jackets with thinsulate in the winter. But those jackets are too warm on cold October/November days when its going to be say mid 30's or low 40's. But their LL Bean Fleece zip up coats aren't warm enough. I'd like something with more of a shell ( not that is has to be 2 pieces, just a shell that is more rain-repellent, not waterproof). We are in Northern Vermont, about 45 min south of Quebec. Is the Stormer Jacket good? Or will that be too warm?

Basically I am looking for something between a fleece and a winter coat. Something to be worn with temps are in the 30's.

I am also debating just an LL Bean Puff-n-Stuff jacket.
    We love the LLB Puff n Stuff jacket. It's perfect for late October/early November. Boys love how it stuffs so well into their backpacks. I can't rec it enough. They also don't complain about wearing a jacket when they wear it.
    Last edited by Kindra178; 09-19-2014 at 06:29 PM.