Default ISO Cheap, lightweight fwd facing car seat

Hi, I have the Diono Radian so too heavy to take on a flight. Any cheap options come to mind?

meggie t is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

How old is your child? My two lightweight options are Cosco Scenera for $39 (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Cosco-Scen...-Seat/16932760) if your child is under 40 pounds or the Evenflo Sureride 65, which they don't make anymore but there are equivalents. Check the car seat board and search for travel.

I see the evenflo maestro mentioned a lot for FF travel. Theres a code for 20% off some seats including the maestro on amazon currently.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

Thank you!!

krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Chag78 View Post
    Hi, I have the Diono Radian so too heavy to take on a flight. Any cheap options come to mind?
    In case you want to brave the flight with your Radian, I used a fold up dolly and some bungee cords to roll mine through the airport (bonus usage as a carry-on/backpack carrier). Technically the car seat comes with backpack straps, but yea, it's really heavy.

I also have the Cosco Scenera and it's pretty light and awesome, but it has a lower height limit than the radian (if you have an older child), so be aware of that.

I have used Cosco Scenera, Evenflo Maestro, and now use Evenflo SureRide DLX. As mentioned previously the Scenera and SureRide are great options for travel (the Maestro was outgrown fairly quickly but was purchased before the high harness height SureRide was available).

I have always used a bungee cord to attach the car seat to a stroller or a small wheeling carry-on bag to navigate the airport.