Default which convertible seat?

I have read way too much information and feel like I cannot just cut through all the noise and pick a seat.

Vital stats:
    primarily installed with LATCH RFing in the captain's seat of a chrysler town and country.

baby is 10months and 17lbs. she'll ride rearfacing for as long as possible, which for my other kids was 4-5 years old.

Price doesn't matter to me much, so I'm not looking for cheapest seat recs. I want a safe seat that is easy to use. For my older kids, we had boulevards and loved them, but now they have features i'm not familiar with and there's the "click tight" version that I don't understand. Please help me! I need this seat like yesterday!
    Megs
    DD1 (13-ish)
    DS (11-ish)
    DD2 (5-ish)

Quote Originally Posted by megs4413 View Post
    I have read way too much information and feel like I cannot just cut through all the noise and pick a seat.

Vital stats:
    primarily installed with LATCH RFing in the captain's seat of a chrysler town and country.

baby is 10months and 17lbs. she'll ride rearfacing for as long as possible, which for my other kids was 4-5 years old.

Price doesn't matter to me much, so I'm not looking for cheapest seat recs. I want a safe seat that is easy to use. For my older kids, we had boulevards and loved them, but now they have features i'm not familiar with and there's the "click tight" version that I don't understand. Please help me! I need this seat like yesterday!
    The clicktight seats are super easy to install using the car seatbelt. You can watch a youtube video to see how easy it is. But Britax seats in general don't seem to be so good for extended rear facing. My tall DS1 made it to almost 3.5 RF in his older marathon 70, but his height in his legs. DS2 is in a newer marathon 70G3 and there is even less shell height. If I was buying a convertible right now, I would be getting a chico nextfit or the graco convertible that lasts super long rear facing - cant remember which one it is at the moment. I'll try to look it up.

ETA: I think it's the Graco Size4me/mysize, and there is also the graco4ever both with really tall shell heights
    Last edited by amom526; 09-22-2014 at 01:38 PM.

flashy09 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by amom526 View Post
    The clicktight seats are super easy to install using the car seatbelt. You can watch a youtube video to see how easy it is. But Britax seats in general don't seem to be so good for extended rear facing. My tall DS1 made it to almost 3.5 RF in his older marathon 70, but his height in his legs. DS2 is in a newer marathon 70G3 and there is even less shell height. If I was buying a convertible right now, I would be getting a chico nextfit or the graco convertible that lasts super long rear facing - cant remember which one it is at the moment. I'll try to look it up.

ETA: I think it's the Graco Size4me/mysize, and there is also the graco4ever both with really tall shell heights
    The new click tights now let you rear face way past the shell and last a super long time height wise! Leg room wise might be tough on a tall 3-4 yr old, but that's not supposed to matter.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Another great feature of the new clicktight blvd/advocate is the top slots are 19" for ffing so should get all but the very tallest kids easily to booster age.

A 17 lb 10 month old is pretty light, I think. I know DD1 was 20 lbs by then and she is average. If your DD is average/small, I would look at the Peg Perego convertible. It's really easy with latch and lasts until 45 lbs. Plus it's very attractive, lots of colors and the harness is so nice to adjust.
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

I'm a fan of the Graco 4Ever, it's roomy for RF and very tall, kind of like a Radian, but easier to install.
    The Click Tights are so so so so nice, you can't even imagine how easy they are to install and how shocking tall they are for RF and FF. If you can recline your vehicle seatback a couple notches for legroom they are fine.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#

Quote Originally Posted by Joolsplus2 View Post
    I'm a fan of the Graco 4Ever, it's roomy for RF and very tall, kind of like a Radian, but easier to install.
    The Click Tights are so so so so nice, you can't even imagine how easy they are to install and how shocking tall they are for RF and FF. If you can recline your vehicle seatback a couple notches for legroom they are fine.
    Britax told me I couldn't do that.....but I have gotten some pretty poor phone reps!

The rebound bar should help as well?
    DD1 9 yrs old 12/2011
    DD2 7 yrs old 01/2014

Well, don't recline your seatback if it makes your seat loosen . If your seat is still just as tight, it really doesn't matter. Seats are crash tested on a static bench that looks nothing like a captain's chair, so the conservative response is to tell you to not recline it, so it most closely mimics the bench angle. And, if you tell someone to recline their seat a notch or two, they will interpret you to mean 'all the way flat is fine' and then blame you when the seat won't install.
    Rebound bar?
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#