Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HIU8 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Backless booster questions

Hi,

I have not posted here in awhile. I have some questions about backless boosters. My kids are 7 and almost 10. They are both in highback boosters in my car (odyssey). DS, my oldest still seems to need a booster. He has not passed the test for removing the booster yet. He is 74 lbs and just about 5 ft tall (about 55 inches). He uses a sunshine kids Monterey. I can't find my manual. What is the weight limit? Has anyone ever used it as a backless booster? DS will probably be out of a booster in my car this year (he is leggy).

My DD,7, weighs 75 lbs and is 52ish inches. She has a tall torso. She uses a frontier 85 in booster mode. We all hate it. The seatbelt does not retract (you have to force it). I would like to move her to a backless booster. We use a harmony light rider as backup. Is that ok to use daily? She uses a turbo booster in highback mode in DH's car. I have not taken off the back because it's an elantra and there is very little room between passenger and door in that car.

What backless would you recommend to use in the odyssey?

Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Katigre is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I'd switch your ds to an Incognito and your dd to a Graco low back.
    Last edited by Katigre; 10-16-2014 at 01:11 PM.
    Mom of 4: Boy (10), Girl (7), Boy (4), Girl (2)

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Don't have a specific recommendation but wanted to say Hi Heather! Nice to see you here!
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

TwoBees is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    Don't have a specific recommendation but wanted to say Hi Heather! Nice to see you here!

Hope you are well, I think about you often.
    Mom to a spirited, red-headed, former 28-weeker 10/2009 and a more mellow monkey 12/2013.

arivecchi is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I'd give the Monterey to your DD and get a graco LBB for your DS.
    DS1 2006
    DS2 2009

The Monterey expires in October 2016. I just put it in backless for my DS (for today). He already rides in a backless turbo booster in DH's car. I found the manual and it says it can be used backless... I just don't know anyone who is using it backless currently.

Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

I am using dd's harmony light rider for this afternoon. I will probably play musical seats tonight.

Heather

DS 2004
    DD 2007

Welcome back

My DS is about the same age and size as your DD (52", 69 lbs) and he rides in a Monterey in my car. It goes up to 120 lbs. Unfortunately, I can't add anything about using it backless because we're still using it as a HBB but I do know it can be used that way.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

trcy is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Hope all is well!
    DD 12/10
    DS 10/15

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hope you're doing well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast