Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    legaleagle is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Instant Pot down to $108.xx on amazon - price back up now

Finally pulled the trigger on this! http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP...dp/B00FLYWNYQ/

Default Instant Pot down to $108.xx on amazon

Just bought it! I've been thinking about getting it as my Christmas present.

Thanks!
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

mommymy is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by legaleagle View Post
    Finally pulled the trigger on this! http://www.amazon.com/Instant-Pot-IP...dp/B00FLYWNYQ/
    Can I ask what is the rave about this? Is it because it is a stainless steel pot so better health wise? Honestly curious. Thx.

kep is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

We bought one about a month ago, and I am surprised how much I am using it. My crock pot was dying, and I was intending to replace it with something better. I also had never pressure cooked before. Our Instant Pot sat in the box for at least two weeks before I finally broke down and brought it out.

I have been using it non-stop since then. It has actually replaced several appliances I previously had. I can throw in frozen chicken breasts on the pressure cooker setting, and in 15 min (or so) I can have nicely cooked chicken ready to use in a recipe. This is so helpful for a poor dinner planner like myself. I like that I can throw in veggies or meat and saute them, and then continue with the rest of the recipe. I have made chilli from scratch in 20 min that tastes like it has been simmering for hours. I have made really good slow cooker soups, I have thrown Pineapple Habanero salsa over chicken and rice and dinner is done. It's so easy. I often find myself pressure cooking the meat part of the dinner and then slow cooking the last half of the recipe. One pot.

The insert is dishwasher safe. You can stick it in the fridge for leftover storage. You do need to purchase the glass lid if you want to use it for slow cooking. The glass lid is also nice for storing it in the fridge. I think the lid was around $15 on Amazon.

I am a fan!
    Last edited by kep; 10-16-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    Kelli
    Mom to 5 amazing kids (5 to 17 years)
    Mom of a cleft lip & palate warrior

Quote Originally Posted by kep View Post
    We bought one about a month ago, and I am surprised how much I am using it. My crock pot was dying, and I was intending to replace it with something better. I also had never pressure cooked before. Our Instant Pot sat in the box for at least two weeks before I finally broke down and brought it out.

I have been using it non-stop since then. It has actually replaced several appliances I previously had. I can throw in frozen chicken breasts on the pressure cooker setting, and in 15 min (or so) I can have nicely cooked chicken ready to use in a recipe. This is so helpful for a poor dinner planner like myself. I like that I can throw in veggies or meat and saute them, and then continue with the rest of the recipe. I have made chilli from scratch in 20 min. I have made really good slow cooker soups, I have thrown Pineapple Haberano salsa over chicken and rice and dinner is done. It's so easy.

The insert is dishwasher safe. You can stick it in the fridge for leftover storage. You do need to purchase the glass lid if you want to use it for slow cooking. The glass lid is also nice for storing it in the fridge. I think the lid was around $15 on Amazon.

I am a fan!
    I'd love to know your timing for frozen chicken breast.

I use mine nearly every night. The big deal is that it can be used in so many different ways. I use it as a rice cooker, a veggie steamer (a LOT!!!), a pressure cooker, and a slow cooker (with the regular lid, which worked fine). I haven't used it for canning or to make yogurt, but it can do that, too. Also, because it's electric, it doesn't take up a burner or release heat (or odor of food cooking). I love it!

I just clicked, and it's back to $139. I love my InstantPot. We've used it twice this week, and will probably use it tomorrow. Mommymy, it's great because it's 7 kitchen appliances in one. Slow cooker, pressure cooker, rice maker, steamer, yogurt maker, you can saute in it...I'm missing one, can't remember what it is. Anyway, it's awesome. The pressure cooker is fan-freaking-tastic when you need a super fast meal (as in, crap, I forgot to make dinner). I also think that the slow-cooked meals I've done in it are more flavorful than other slow cook meals. Probably because of the silicone seal.

ETA: I use the regular lid for slow cooking.
    Mommy to my wonderful, HEALTHY twin girls
    6/08 - Preemies no more!

Agree with pp. It's been life changing for me since I am not a good cook to start with. I can pressure cook a batch of chicken thighs with some lemon juice, garlic, and no-salt seasoning from costco in about 15 mins. Taco meat is easy too... just use taco seasoning and pico de gallo and frozen corn. I make beans in them in 30 minutes (no soaking!). I pressure cook batches of hard boiled eggs at a time. It takes all of 7 mins or so and they are WAY easier to peel than the stove top method. I've also made some slow cooker recipes and they turned out great. I use mine constantly. Love it to pieces.

krobbin is offline Silver level (200+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by TwinFoxes View Post
    I just clicked, and it's back to $139.
    Check the seller, Amazon still has it for $108.69. I had to pay tax (grrr), but it's still a good deal apparently.

Also, thanks OP!! I clicked on this link not even knowing what an InstantPot was and I bought one after reading the reviews. Thanks to everyone else here for their reviews, it makes me feel like I've made good purchase!

Quote Originally Posted by rolypoly27 View Post
    Agree with pp. It's been life changing for me since I am not a good cook to start with. I can pressure cook a batch of chicken thighs with some lemon juice, garlic, and no-salt seasoning from costco in about 15 mins. Taco meat is easy too... just use taco seasoning and pico de gallo and frozen corn. I make beans in them in 30 minutes (no soaking!). I pressure cook batches of hard boiled eggs at a time. It takes all of 7 mins or so and they are WAY easier to peel than the stove top method. I've also made some slow cooker recipes and they turned out great. I use mine constantly. Love it to pieces.
    Tell me about the eggs! 7 min on high pressure? How much water? Assuming one layer?
    Kelli

Quote Originally Posted by 123LuckyMom View Post
    I'd love to know your timing for frozen chicken breast.

I use mine nearly every night. The big deal is that it can be used in so many different ways. I use it as a rice cooker, a veggie steamer (a LOT!!!), a pressure cooker, and a slow cooker (with the regular lid, which worked fine). I haven't used it for canning or to make yogurt, but it can do that, too. Also, because it's electric, it doesn't take up a burner or release heat (or odor of food cooking). I love it!
    The frozen chicken thing really depends on the size of the chicken to be cooked. Boneless skinless thighs can cook easily in 15. Huge chicken breasts from Costco I usually do 15 on high pressure and then cut them up into smaller pieces. Usually they are 60-75% cooked by then. Then I add rice, or salsa, or whatever I am going to have with them and do another 10-15 min. So easy.
    Last edited by kep; 10-16-2014 at 03:02 PM.
    Kelli

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast