jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Need booster for occasional rider

I'm looking for a booster to keep in my car for occasional riders. Most riders will be 7 and ride in backless boosters in their own cars. MY DC are still harnessed so I have no clue where to start. TIA

ETA: I'm hoping to have other kids use it in the 3rd row of my Lexus LX 570. Mostly 7 yr olds. DS1 is 38 lbs but he's tiny and most of his friends are much larger. Can I use a backless booster? I'm in NY.
    Last edited by jgenie; 10-17-2014 at 04:37 PM.

twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

It depends so much on your car (make/model/where the seat will go) and your child (height/weight) so if you post those stats I think folks could help!

Amazon has free returns on car seats so it's a good way to test which will work best (just takes some time and effort). We ended up with the Recaro Performance Booster, which is a very well-liked seat over on car-seat.org. The Britax Parkway is another one to consider. But again, it really depends a lot on your car and your child and whether the fit is correct and whether the belt will retract as it should through the belt guides.

I asked the same question http://windsorpeak.com/vbulletin/sho...ckless-booster we bought the one Jools suggested, and actually now it's DD1's main seat. We love it! Super light and easy to keep around for the unexpected rider.
    Allison

DD1 11/05
    DS 04/08
    DD2 11/11

Yeah, do you have a walmart to shop at? Pick a cool one (pink zebra and cow and camo are at my store, I think). Or just a regular old Turbo backless (or highback, that lets you choose how to use it), or Amp. Basically any backless you want will be fine back there.
    Julie
    Child Passenger Safety Technician (CPST)

DS age 18--Driving--(booster till 11 and almost 5ft tall)
    DD1 age 16--Learner's Permit!(booster till 11 and almost 5 ft tall)
    DD2 age 9-Safety 1st Incognito
    http://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#