twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default PSA for those who are "booster training"...

If you are "booster training" and your kids switch between harnessed and booster seats, and are heavy enough that the harnessed seats have to be installed with the seat belt and not LATCH:

CHECK THAT THE BELT IS BUCKLED IN YOUR HARNESSED SEATS EACH TIME YOUR KID GETS IN!!!

Mine got confused and UNBUCKLED their harnessed seats without me knowing (because they can unbuckle their boosters themselves, which are in another car). They of course didn't get the potential consequences of this plus had forgotten all about it the next time they climbed into their seats. I have NO IDEA how long I was driving around with them in harnessed seats that WERE NOT INSTALLED AT ALL. YIKES! And, I could see it being easy to potentially accidentally unbuckle the seat, either by stepping on the buckle somehow or pressing on it - we all know how much crap our kids like to take into the car with them that cover up those buckles.

Check, check, check!!! Now my kids know and are appropriately freaked out. But always check!!!

I probably should've posted this in the lounge...mods, feel free to move!

Arghhh! It's happened to us as well!!

My mother once unbuckled DS's Frontier when struggling to buckle her own seatbelt. Luckily, I noticed, but this is a really good reminder to check, always check!!!

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This happened to us this week. I'm going to start checking every time I buckle them in.

DD1 has accidentally unbuckled DD3's Marathon since their buckles are next to each other. After the third time, I cut the toes off an old sock and used the sock to cover DD3's buckle.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by alleycat View Post
    DD1 has accidentally unbuckled DD3's Marathon since their buckles are next to each other. After the third time, I cut the toes off an old sock and used the sock to cover DD3's buckle.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2
    Such a great idea! I'm borrowing it!